Curious about how restored backups operate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious about how restored backups operate

I am hoping to get some light shed on how restoring a backup works. I just tried restoring an older backup, and I assumed it would overwrite everything and replace it with an EXACT replica of my ninja platform from the backup date.

However, I see that a new indicator which I only recently installed is still in my platform. Does restoring a backup not actually overwrite everything?

Any input on how this operates would be much appreciated!

Hello ra1den,
    Thanks for your post.
    Restoring a backup will merge the backup to your current set up.
    What you can do is uninstall NinjaTrader, delete the NinjaTrader 7 folder under the Documents folder, reinstall NinjaTrader, and restore the backup.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
      Hello ra1den,
      Thanks for your post.
      Restoring a backup will merge the backup to your current set up.
      What you can do is uninstall NinjaTrader, delete the NinjaTrader 7 folder under the Documents folder, reinstall NinjaTrader, and restore the backup.
      Since I will be installing this on a new computer can u tell me what files should be moved over to recover from a backup ?
      Also, I have a lot of third party add on scripts and charting indicators---will these restore from backup or will I need to re install all of these.
      I may need my Lifetime Lic info, connectix log on, and Ninja broker log on info. Can anyone help me retrieving that today ?

Comment

Hello hunterpgp,

"Since I will be installing this on a new computer can u tell me what files should be moved over to recover from a backup?"

We would recommend that you transfer only the NinjaTrader Backup file ('**backup name**.ntbk') to the new PC. This would be the only file which you would need to transfer in order to restore settings.

To restore settings from the backup please follow the steps which are outlined at this link to our Help Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...up_archive.htm

"Also, I have a lot of third party add on scripts and charting indicators---will these restore from backup or will I need to re install all of these."

Some third party indicators may transfer normally however others would need to be reinstalled manually on the new PC.

I would also recommend that you contact the third party vendors whose indicators and strategies you are using to report that you'll be using their products on a new PC as they may need to update your product license to allow the indicators to function on your new computer. When you contact the vendors make sure to provide them with your Machine ID number from the new PC. Machine ID is shown in NinjaTrader's Help > About menu.

"I may need my Lifetime Lic info, connectix log on, and Ninja broker log on info. Can anyone help me retrieving that today?"

I would be happy to assist with these items as well. Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with a link to this forum thread.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Board game geek, Today, 02:20 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Board game geek  
        Started by knighty6508, Today, 01:20 AM
        2 responses