Historical Data Source Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data Source Issue

I have ES data going back to 2010, which i have imported into NinjaTrader 7. If I DO NOT connect to Kinetick, all the data shows up on a chart going back that far. However, if I DO connect to Kinetick, only the data loaded by the Kinetick Historical Data Server is used, and the chart can only go back about a year.

Is there a way to use Kinetick's historical data as my primary historical data, but supplement that with the historical data that I have downloaded and imported into NT7? In other words, I want Kinetick historical data as far back as it goes, and then my own imported historical data for anything further back.

Thanks,

Roy

Hello Roy,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the information which you provided I would recommend that you make the following change:
    • Open NinjaTrader's Options menu (Tools > Options)
    • In the Data tab, un-check the 'Get data from server (if available)' option and click OK.

After making this change, please reload data in your chart. With these settings in place do you see your 2010 data loaded from the data set which you imported manually?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do, thanks. My concern now is that as it is almost impossible to keep my historical data correct up to the tick before the current only kinetick data loads.

The best thing i can think of is to connect to kinetick and load their historical data so i can get the most recent ticks possible, then disconnect, change the setting to not load kinetick historical data, and then reload the chart. Even then though, unless the market is closed, I will miss whatever data transpired while I am doing that, no? Please inform.

Thanks!

Roy

Comment

Hello,

Can you provide me with a few images showing the behavior which you're encountering with your current settings?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
        1 response
        0 likes