ATM placing order ahead of market error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM placing order ahead of market error

I am writing an automated strategy for a client that places bracket orders on Forex security’s just before scheduled news events. In order to have the orders placed on the brokers books prior to the news event I am using Ninjas 'unmanaged' order handling that passes control to an ATM strategy to manage the trade once filled.

An issue I’m running into is that during market replay the ATM order seems to execute and fill one tick before being updated on my chart.
    The ATM attempts to place a stop order behind the ATM filled price which is still ahead of the charts indicated price and i get the 'Stop or Stop Limit orders can't be placed below the market' error.

Taking my strategy out of the equation, please review the short video here which details the problem using a straight forward application of an ATM with a 10 pip stop loss and a 50 pip target to an order using Ninjas ‘Chart Trader’

Video detailing the issue.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com so I may investigate this matter further.

Along with your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's log and trace files.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160103.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160103.txt
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Follow up:

Odd problem.

Finally did a virgin install of NinjaTrader and reloaded data and strategys and problem resolved.

Comment

you are so deleted/busted

so go away MORON

Originally posted by pg162933
        Along with your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's log and trace files.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kyle; 01-24-2016, 03:01 PM. Reason: Removed spam link in quoted message

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        5 responses
        1 like
        Last Post caryc123  
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke