Automated Strategy Performance/Co-Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Strategy Performance/Co-Location

Forgive me if these questions have been covered somewhere else on the forum, I have some general questions on running strategies live:

1. Is there an increase in efficiency/performance in running a strategy from the 'Strategies' tab as opposed to running from a chart?
    2. What would be the most efficient way to run multiple instances of strategy/strategies on different time frames and/or instruments concurrently?
    3. Are there any products or preferred environments that you would recommend which would allow Ninja to run in a remote co-location and be accessed through RDP (remote desktop) or VNC?
    4. Are there any particular issues/constraints that we should be aware in choosing to run Ninja remotely?

Any other users feedback on this would also be much appreciated.

1) Generally no, but if your strategy involves a lot of drawing objects, printing text, things like that on the chart then there may be a small performance boost to run it without the chart.

2) Personal preference. Charts work and so does the strategy tab.

3) We do not offer support in this area. You will need to play with various solutions and find one you like yourself.

4) If you are running via VNC then there is no difference from running it locally. Just keep in mind that you are introducing more internet latency if you were to manually change orders and such.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you once again Josh for your prompt reply.

What I had in mind was in just starting the strategies remotely and letting them run, no interference or manual trading. They would, however need to be watched/monitored real-time from my local machine/client.

I'm not sure if other subscribers have investigated this but it seems to be quite a gray area still but something that more people are looking into.

Comment

Then in monitoring it on your local machine it will still be delayed internet wise no matter which solution you go with. This will be the case since you are adding an additional hop to get to you. It comes down to making sure you have fast enough bandwidth for your internet on both ends.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses