Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price gaps in live data

Hi,

While watching the M1 and M5 charts on AUD $ my price wouldn't update then it gapped down suddenly. why are these gaps appearing and how to fix?

What is the diff between the data I am getting from FXCM and Kinetick(if I were to purchase it )

Hello,
    Can you provide a screenshot of this gap?
    To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

If you reload the historical data does the gap still appear?
    To reload your historical data please:

Right click in the background of your chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.
    I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over reloading historical data.

Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I already refreshed the data and it disappeared. Can you tell me why they appeared. trading short term charts can be problematic when data doesn't update instantly. Is it FXCM data feeds suck, or the my computer is not updating live, or something else?

Also, can you tell me why I am in a chart using chart trader and my buy price bar and stop bar appear just fine. but when I go to another symbol and come back the entry and stop price lines are gone even though I am still in a trade?

one more question- when i am in a chart, and i click on a tab to create a new chart and I pull in a new symbol the chart price scale doesn't update with the symbol pricing automatically, I have to go into data series and click on center price for it to update to the new symbol price scale. it seems to retain the old symbol scale?

Comment

Hello,
        It sounds as though you may have lost connection to the historical data server temporarily. This can be due to ISP throttling, latency through wifi or distance from the historical data server, problems with your router, or internet backend issues with your ISP or the servers they direct the connection from you to the server. If you see that you lose connection to the historical data server it'd be recommended as the first troubleshooting steps to make sure you are using a wired connection and restart your modem and router.

Do you see the orders get cancelled or filled in the control center when you do this?

Are you using a chart template when you create a new chart, including a default chart template?

Comment

I was trading live, so unclear why the historical data server would be an issue. I am connected to comcast via ethernet cord. So no wi-fi issues.
          Even today, I find times when the price just quits moving for 3-60 seconds then updates. are those ISP issues?
          Thanks

Comment

Hello,
            It could potentially be. Please send us your log and trace files so we can look into this further. Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=81654

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes