Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot see custom bar type

Hello,

I have a template which uses a custom bar type. My problem is that the bar type, GZTFullRange, is not availbile to my charts.

1. I have an absolutely new computer, with an absolutely new installation of NT. I have not installed any other software in NT.
    2. I have verfied that the bar type file does indeed exist as C:\Users\MP\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type\GZT_FullRange.cs
    3. I have tried to move all the other .cs files in this directory to another location. I then restarted NT. These files which I moved were recreated and I still could not find my bar type.
    4. Appended below is commentary from the developers of the software however as you can see by the 3 points above the suggested solutions have not worked for me.

Could anyone perhaps provide some help as to how I make this bar type visible?

Thanks in advance,
    Michelle

If you load your charts/workspaces & you dont see the new GZT_FullRange bars, this is most likely because there are too many custom bars taking up the spot within Ninjatrader. Ninjatrader only allows a certain number of bars to be used within the platform. Please visit (My Documents > NT7 > Bin > Custom >Type) and verify that the “GZTFullRange.cs” is in this folder. If it is, please remove the other custom bars within this folder to a different location on your PC so our bars will take a primary spot within NT. If after doing this you still dont see the bars, you may need to remove any custom assemblies that have installed custom bars on your PC that are taking up these additional slots

Hello,
    With Custom Bar types that have to use a custom bar slot. There is a limited number of custom bar slots from 0-9. If you have two custom bar types and one of them is not showing up it is likely that they both are assigned to the same bar slot. This can be changed in the bar type's code or you can remove the old bar type that is taking up the slot.
    You can use the attached indicator to find which bar types are using which slot. With this information the code in the new bar type can be changed to utilize a free slot. If the bar type code is protected you would need to contact the vendor to make this change.

To Import The attached Indicator:

Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.

From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript

Select the downloaded .zip file

NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:

Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

This indicator will print the bar slot numbers to the Output Window. You can open an Output window by going to Tools> Output.
    Attached Files
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Custom Bar Type Management

Cory,

Here is the output from the CustomTypesIdent indicator. I want to use a custom bar type that I copied into the Custom/Type folder as instructed. How do I get it to occupy a free Slot so I can use it on a chart?

Custom 2 is occupied by a bar type I want to get rid of (HarmonicBarsII) but that source file is not in the Custom\Type folder. How can I force-delete that bar type to free up Slot 2?

Why don't the Custom1 and Custom3 - Custom7 slots show real custom bar type names?

What are the Final0 - Final4 slots?

Thanks,

Geoff

Custom1 Minute
      Custom2 HarmonicBarsII
      Custom3 Minute
      Custom4 Minute
      Custom5 Minute
      Custom6 Minute
      Custom7 Minute
      Final0 Minute
      Final1 Minute
      Final2 Minute
      Final3 Minute
      Final4 Minute
      Custom9 SiBacktestRenko

Comment

Hello,
        The Custom1 and Custom3 - Custom7 slots do not show custom bar type names as there are no custom bar types assigned to those slot numbers.
        The Final0 - Final4 slots are free slots for custom bar type use as well.

The HarmonicBarsII may be in (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > bin > Custom > Indicator or Strategy if you imported it as a zip file. From the output window it would appear that the HarmonicBarsII and GZTFullRange are using the same bar type. If you delete the file for the HarmonicBarsII and then compile NinjaTrader and then try to import the GZTFullRange bar type you should see this bar type appear now.

Comment

Solved by removing some assemblies. Many slots are now freed up.

Comment

Hi Cody,

I have followed your instructions to identify the slots and the file imports fine. However, when I select Tools, I have not Output option to select. Please advise.

Comment

Hello MikeA101,
              This is likely do to having a direct edition license key.
              Please send an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com and we can provide you with the Free Simulation License key which you can enter in when you are needing to do debugging.
              If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.

Comment

Hi there,

I had to do a clean install of Ninja trader and am facing this problem (as described in the first post) once again. I've tried to follow the suggested steps outlined but it has not helped me. Once again I have a completely new install if NT meaning I don't have any other bar types or even assemblies. The only addon software which I have installed is GZT. When I open a GZT workspace, I cannot find the GZT_FullRange bar type.

Following the steps suggested for the output window, this is what I have:
                Custom0 Minute
                Custom1 Minute
                Custom2 Minute
                Custom3 Minute
                Custom4 Minute
                Custom5 Minute
                Custom6 Minute
                Custom7 Minute
                Custom8 Minute
                Custom9 Minute
                Final0 Minute
                Final1 Minute
                Final2 Minute
                Final3 Minute
                Final4 Minute

I have also tried to recompile all NinjaTrader assemblies following the instructions on this posting How To Compile and Implement New Bar Type but still no sign of my GZT_FullRange bar.

Could anyone please suggest how I go about making GZT_FullRange available?

Thank-you,
                Michelle
                Last edited by michelle99; 04-06-2016, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by michellepace View Post
                  Hi there,

I had to do a clean install of Ninja trader and am facing this problem (as described in the first post) once again. I've tried to follow the suggested steps outlined but it has not helped me. Once again I have a completely new install if NT meaning I don't have any other bar types or even assemblies. The only addon software which I have installed is GZT. When I open a GZT workspace, I cannot find the GZT_FullRange bar type.

Following the steps suggested for the output window, this is what I have:
                  Custom0 Minute
                  Custom1 Minute
                  Custom2 Minute
                  Custom3 Minute
                  Custom4 Minute
                  Custom5 Minute
                  Custom6 Minute
                  Custom7 Minute
                  Custom8 Minute
                  Custom9 Minute
                  Final0 Minute
                  Final1 Minute
                  Final2 Minute
                  Final3 Minute
                  Final4 Minute

I have also tried to recompile all NinjaTrader assemblies following the instructions on this posting How To Compile and Implement New Bar Type but still no sign of my GZT_FullRange bar.

Could anyone please suggest how I go about making GZT_FullRange available?

Thank-you,
                  Michelle
                  Please not to worry, I obtained the GZT_FullRange.zip file from the developer and File>Import'ed Ninja Script and that fixed everything.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  10 responses
                  0 likes