How to set bar spacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set bar spacing?

I have a simple 1 second candlestick chart. I have changed the bar width to narrow the candlesticks. Now I would like to change the bar spacing to get the bars a little closer together. I can't figure out how to reduce the bar spacing. Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere? Thank you.

Higler,
    Thanks for posting. You can change the spacing of the candle sticks a few ways. I would recommend using the Bar Style drop down box located at the top of your chart and using the "Bar Spacing +" and "Bar Spacing Minus" to change the spacing of your bars. You can also alter the "Equidistant bar spacing" options in the chart properties window. Here is a link to our help guide to use for reference regarding chart display: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_a_chart.htm

Comment

Originally posted by higler View Post
      I have a simple 1 second candlestick chart. I have changed the bar width to narrow the candlesticks. Now I would like to change the bar spacing to get the bars a little closer together. I can't figure out how to reduce the bar spacing. Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere? Thank you.
      am trying to accomplish something similar, but using tick charts. did you discover a way to compress data more in the horizontal scale....? thxs Will

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
        Higler,
        Thanks for posting. You can change the spacing of the candle sticks a few ways. I would recommend using the Bar Style drop down box located at the top of your chart and using the "Bar Spacing +" and "Bar Spacing Minus" to change the spacing of your bars. You can also alter the "Equidistant bar spacing" options in the chart properties window. Here is a link to our help guide to use for reference regarding chart display: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_a_chart.htm
        Hello Will,
        The statement above will show you how to change the spacing of the bars. However if you would like to view more bars on the horizontal access you may click on the literal time interval in the x axis and drag either way to condense or expand your chart.

Comment

I probably should have mentioned that I know all the normally prescribed ways to adjust bar spacing, but don't find that I'm getting enough horizontal compression to suit my needs. is there any way to attack horizontal spacing programmatically? thxs

Comment

Hello,
            This is not supported in NinjaTrader 7. It is possible through unsupported code in NinjaTrader 7 but setting ChartControl.Barwidth equal to the number of pixels you would like the bar.
            For example:
            Code:
            if(Close[0] > Open[0])
            {
            	ChartControl.BarWidth = 10;	
            }
            With NinjaTrader 8 the ChartConrol properties are suported.. For more information on Chart Control with NinjaTrader 8 please see the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...artcontrol.htm

There is not a set release date for NinjaTrader 8. NinjaTrader 8 is currently in a beta phase.

You can install the beta at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=82990

Documents to help you get started with NinjaTrader 8 Beta:

Installation Guide
            Migration Guide
            Connections Guides
            Existing User FAQ
            User Help Guide
            NinjaScript Code Breaking Changes

Please also make sure to review the general beta information page and what to expect from our Help Guide
            Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes