Help with IB Forex hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with IB Forex hours

In NT8, I have the "Forex" hours setup for 4:15pm CST to 4PM CST for weekdays. While I am connected and I see the bid/ask values update, the chart does not start the new day at 4:15pm. It actually does not update in real-time at all after 4pm. I have restarted NT8, reconnected, reload historical data, etc. Any ideas?

Hello Stok,

Thank you for your post,

To be sure I"m testing the right settings, can you please supply me with a screen shot of the Forex Trading Hours Template you have altered?

Also, what time zone and regional settings does your PC use?

Also, are you connecting to FXCM or an other data source?
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi EricB,

I attached the Forex trading hours setup. I am using Interactive Brokers for my feed/trading. Any futures contracts work fine (ES,ZN,etc) but its the cash Forex (IDEAL) that I am having a issue in NT8:

- When the day ends at 4pm then reopens at 4:15PM (CST), NT8 does not show the new trading day at all. NT8 is getting the data, I see the bid/ask with current quotes. I have shut down/reconnected/refreshed historical data and it doesn't work. It works the following morning, when I shut down NT8 and reopen and connect to IB....it then "loads" data and the correct bar for the day is refreshed (for the trading hours of 4:15pm to current time).

- I was using "instrument settings" and still had the same issue.

Thanks for your help.

Edit...for some reason I cannot attach anything, while I see the Attach Files box, there is no option to upload anything. ?

Comment

Stok,

When entering a reply, below there should be an option that says "Manage Attachments" -- selecting that will open a window that will allow you to add the attachments.

Comment

Ok, I had to do this from my iPhone in safari. I tried chrome, Firefox and Edge on Windows 10 PC and that option is blanked out in all browsers. Don't know if a Java deal or Windows 10. Anyways, it should be attached and I appreciate your help.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Stok,

Currently, only the last session of a certain day can be marked as EOD. If a session is marked EOD, no other session at a later time on the same day can be created.

To test, try making the change so only the last day is set to EOD and let me know the behavior you see.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post quantismo  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes