As disappointing as it gets: Dataservice not available, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As disappointing as it gets: Dataservice not available, again

Tried to connect to my standard NinjaTrader / Rithmic Combo to process some weekend's studies - turns out, connection not available, Rithmic not connectable (not even through RTrader) but also no connection to historical data provided by Ninja.

Tried to open an Ninja/CQG-Demoaccount then in order to switch temporary to a CQG-feed for the weekend. Although using a completely new email-address during the demo-application I did not even receive any credentials yet, waiting way more than an hour now. This is telling me that there's a whole bunch of infrastructure currently not working at Ninja's side - running such a site without failover options is probably as unprofessional as it gets.

It is 2pm now in my timezone (central europe) which means that Sunday is over soon, and I could not even start my studies yet since Ninja is incapable of providing necessary data - just another lost weekend.

Extremely disappointing to be confronted with that crappy situation like every other sunday...
    Last edited by RonnyKeller; 01-10-2016, 07:19 AM.

Hello RonnyKeller,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear of your frustration.

We typically see periods of server maintenance over the weekends which can result in an inability to connect. Based on the fact that you were not able to connect through RTrader as well as NinjaTrader I suspect that the Rithmic servers were undergoing maintenance at the time. With that said, I was able to connect normally when testing here a few minutes ago so if you will restart the Rithmic connection should now be available.

In terms of the NinjaTrader Continuum demo which you requested, I can verify that this system was under maintenance at the time which you submitted your demo request and, unfortunately, was not able to provide a username and password.
    Maintenance is expected to conclude shortly so I would recommend requesting a new demo a few hours from now if this is something which you are still interested in. A new demo can be requested here: http://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData

If anything else comes up which I could assist with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle, I did figure that everything came back to life later, but way to late to work on some studies as it was already Sunday, 5pm, here - Sunday as a working day had already turned into garbage day due to unavailable infrastructure.

Yes, Rithmic was not available. But as far as I was told, Ninja provides the historical data and not Rithmic. Historical Data was all I needed, but I could not even connect to the Ninja platform, so I do NOT blame Rithmic but Ninja which did not let me in in first place.

I just don't understand how a supposedly professional site is being run without mirror servers, db-dataguards or whatsoever which could take the workload while the other half of the site is down for maintenance which is just a standard assignment for any given better server site. Taking down a whole site at once just for maintenance is just so "you don't do that".

And, of course, I did figure that the Continuum demo request could not be processed, maybe even due to the very same maintenance, taking down just everything or so... And yes, I do guess that the application would work again now. But, just as said in the beginning - too little, too late, just another Sunday wasted.

But after all and as always, it's just my very own fault, since I'm still hanging around with Ninja and Rithmic - the blame is all on me and you may even want to call me Hill or Walsh...
      Last edited by RonnyKeller; 01-10-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us.

My name is Drew, and I am the Level II Lead Hand here with NinjaTrader Platform Support. I am sorry to have come to understand you're frustrated with this matter, and I can definitely understand that frustration.

To access the Historical Data Servers, you must be connected to a data provider that is set to utilize the Historical Data Servers. If a connection can not be created, it would not be possible to access the Historical Data servers. We are unfortunately unable to determine if and when server maintenance is performed by Rithmic or other data providers.

Don't hesitate to let me know if I may assist further.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

<<< deleted >>>
          Last edited by RonnyKeller; 01-16-2016, 07:15 AM. Reason: disappointment

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Taddypole