• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal 12 and NT8

The NinjaTrader 8 Connection Guide for eSignal says:

You must have eSignal 12.2.3829 installed - Download
    The current version of eSignal from eSignal's site is: 12.3.3980_x64.exe

Does this mean NinjaTrader won't work with 12.3.3980? Do I really need the exact 12.2.3829 version and to download it from Ninjatrader instead of esignal?

Also will it NinjaTrader work with either 32-bit version or 64-bit version of esignal? Which platform is the esignal downloadable from Ninjatrader for?

Hi overflowing,

eSignal 12.2.3829 is what's been tested and is known to work with NT8 for all available functionality. You could try to use a newer version, but note, things may not work as expected and it would currently be unsupported.

What functionality do the newer versions of eSignal offer that 12.2.3829 does not? We could certainly update our recommended version, but it would have to provide a significant advantage over using 12.2.3829, as it is not a quick and painless process for our QA team to test and approve a new API/version update. If it does provide a significant advantage, please let me know and provide details and I'd be happy to push the idea along to the development team.

EDIT: You can use either the 32-bit or 64-bit executables for NinjaTrader while using eSignal connections.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I can report that I'm using 12.3.3980_x64.exe (the latest download from eSignal at the time of this post) with NT8 successfully so far.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post loganjarosz123  
      Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Belfortbucks