Global object update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global object update

I have 5 open tabs on 3 screens. each tab has a sep fx pair. Does the chart actually have to be visible for the global drawing update to work across all screens, or just open on one of the tabs? It worked great for the pair that I had visibleon the three screens, but when I made a global update to a new pair on one screen, it didnt update the pair that had a tab created, but not visible, on the other two screens. hopefuly that makes sense.

How does it work? I looked in your guide and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

Hello sesplin,

Is this inquiry in relation to NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 Beta?

Also, to confirm, you are inquring about Global Drawing Objects (setting a manually drawn object's 'Attach to' property to (All charts)) and the behavior you are seeing is that a global shown object is shown on other tabs of that chart, however, modifications to the price or time of the anchor points done on one tab are not being replicated to other tabs, is this correct? (Meaning if the global drawing object is moved on one tab, the object is not moving on the other tabs, is this correct?)

Because you have mentioned tabs I think you are referring to NinjaTrader 8 Beta, I have created a short video to demonstrate global drawing objects.

http://screencast.com/t/OnMRQoA0Qhuv

I was not able to reproduce the behavior I have understood that you are describing. Please let me know if I have not taken the correct steps to reproduce the behavior.

Also, for future reference, I am including a link to the NinjaTrader 8 Beta section of the forums where questions for NinjaTrader 8 Beta should be directed.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=57
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 01-11-2016, 12:36 PM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, yes this is about NT8. yes, i am talking about Global drawing objects. I have three screens, each has a chart open with 5 tabs for diff FX pairs. I consider those charts to be "open" eventhough they may not be visible. According to your directions when I update a drawing object on one chart and choose to attach to all charts for a pair, it should update all teh charts I have created for that pair, even they they may not be the highlighted tab on that screen. Do I correctly understand how this should work?

Thanks

Comment

Hello sesplin,

Your description does sound correct.

When a drawing object is set to (All charts) all charts with that same instrument will show that drawing object. Any modifications to the drawing object on any chart should be reflected to the other charts with the drawing object.

May I confirm that this is behavior in question and that NinjaTrader 8 is not functioning in this way?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just tried it again and it seemed to work, so that is great worked just like I needed it to.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
          1 response
          0 likes