Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader freezes up

Hi,

The last couple of days my NT platform has begun to get these microsfreezes that seem to be increasing in severity. It will freeze when I try to navigate in the charts, when I switch timeframe (beside the usual delay from loading). Pretty much anything I try to do cause the platform to freeze up from anywhere to a few seconds to 20-30 secons.

Is there a cache I can clear out?

Any suggestions that are helpful is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Martin

Hello Martin,

You can experience freezing and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well.

The 'Calculate on bar close' setting for indicators can be important. If set to False, the indicator will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatlity this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator makes complicated calculations. Please set it to True in the Indicator menu and the indicator will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

If you have workspaces opened in the background which you do not use, we suggest to close such workspaces. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without the checkmark. Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this procedure until only 1 workspace is opened. More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Closing the open workspaces seems to have resolved the issue.

Thank you for the extremely quick reply.

Best regards,
      Martin

Comment

Hi,

I closed and then removed the workspaces that were open. Now when restarting the platform it does not load any charts at all and then freezes.

Can I reset the platform in some way?

Thanks,
        Martin

Comment

You can uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader as per the instructions below

You will save all settings and data including your indicators. They are saved at Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 which is not deleted when you uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel.

Make sure that NinjaTrader is shut down.

Please uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via the Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features

Subsequently, clear your browser cache and download and install version 7.0.1000.30 from the link below.
          NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Please enter your email address in the "Your Email" field and hit "Download Now! FREE to Use". You will now be directed to a webpage to select the NinjaTrader version (7 and 8 beta) you like to download and install.

If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, NinjaTrader freezes up' in the subject field.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I just sent you the trace and logfiles.

Best regards,
            Martin

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses