Stop Sim mode chart default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Sim mode chart default

I have disabled "Always start in simulation" in options misc settings yet every time I restart NT the chart trader defaults to simulated account rather than my trading account.

I have dozens of charts that I monitor and trade from and I restart daily so having to manually reset these is very tedious and inconvenient. Is there any way to "force" NT to always without exception to start in the trading account rather than sim? Or is this something that I have to somehow learn to live with?

Hello ShruggedAtlas,

You will need to disable the connect on startup feature for your connections

You can do this by going to Tools > Account Connections, selecting the connection and clicking Change

Then in the connection wizard clicking Next, unchecking the box 'Connect on startup' and clicking Next > Next > Finish

Now when you launch NinjaTrader and connect, accounts will load in alphabetical order

NinjaTrader will require two steps to have the live account.

Either launch NinjaTrader and select the account or launch NinjaTrader and manually connect by going to File > Connect and selecting the connection*
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have no trouble connecting to accounts. I'm talking about the chart trader feature. See the image showing chart trader defaults at startup to Sim101. I can access my other account simply by clicking the dropdown. My goal is to not have chart trader default to Sim101. With dozens of charts open it's very tedious to have to manually change these to my account every day.

In account connections the account that I want to load automatically already shows "connect at startup" however I am not able to change or delete any of the others including the simulated data feed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello ShruggedAtlas

You will not need to delete the preloaded connection

You will just need to disable the connect on start up feature for the connection you use. You have titled the connection FXCM

Then when you launch NinjaTrader and connect to your account, accounts will load in alphabetical order

Comment

Ok it seems like we're almost there! I did what you said and of course nothing connects until I manually choose the FXCM account and then all the charts load with the correct connection. Great!

However, does this mean it's impossible to have the account load automatically without having to go into my account connections and manually connecting? I thought that was the whole point of having the "Connect at Startup" option in account connection settings.

Comment

Hello ShruggedAtlas,

NinjaTrader will require two steps to have the live account.

Either launch NinjaTrader and select the account or launch NinjaTrader and manually connect by going to File > Connect and selecting the connection

Comment

Yes, thank you, I already know that.

I guess i would leave you with this request...

In future versions of NT it would be nice to have an option to "Connect at Startup" in a way that saves the user from having to manually connect every time NT is booted up AND not have the chart trader default to Sim101.

It seems that it's one way or another.

Comment

Hello ShruggedAtlas,

This is viewed as a safety feature

Two actions will be required to have NinjaTrader open and the live account selected

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post f.saeidi  
                Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes