Re: NT results all over the place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NT results all over the place

I have been using Raven to automate some trades, there is a group of us but I seem to be the only one with this problem. I have contacted SharkIndicators who have been helping me but say they are not really sure it is a Raven problem. After today I think they might be right.

The trades being recorded in the Performance tab are quite often wrong... i.e. a long is recorded as a short and vice versa and the entries are all over the place. The chart shows the correct positioning (entries exits long/short) just not in the Performance section.

As I said I thought it was Raven however today none of my trades results are being recorded correctly. Not manual trades or robot trades. They are registered in the Trades section but the final figures aren't?

I have attached 5 screenshots.
    2 showing the robot trades (Trade 2 and Vwap 2) and results recorded
    2 showing today with robot and manual trades (strategies & control panel)
    1 showing NT then starting to record the results intermittently (control panel 2)

I have used the chart trader with raven to trade manually on the same chart, so not sure if that had something to do with it.

I have also found I cant trade manually with a robot on the same instrument even on another chart. Is this true in general or is this something else I should look at as I would like to be able to trade manually as well.

This is a paid version of ninja however I found the robot trades had the same issue in a free NT version on my server... I haven't traded manually with that one yet.

Can you let me know what is going on.
    Attached Files

Hello TradeQueen,

Thank you for your post.

This is due in part to multiple strategies/robots trading on the same instrument and account, and the use of manually trading. As the strategies maintain there own internal position, the charts with the strategy running would show proper executions. However, as we have the executions and trades being shown for the entire account on the Account Performance, it is showing the all executions in order of received. So if your strategy took a long position, but then you manually went into a short position, this would flatten or reverse the account position.

You can view the strategy's performance alone (separated from all others executions and trades) by right clicking in your chart > selecting Strategy Performance > Real-Time (NOT Real-Time and Historical or Historical).

For information on strategy versus account position please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._account_p.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post funk10101  
    Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred