Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Locking the Y axis when moving drawing objects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locking the Y axis when moving drawing objects?

Is there a way to lock the Y axis in place when moving anchors on drawing objects? For example, if I have a fibonacci retracement drawn, and I want to move one of the anchors without changing the price value...in other words just make it cover a smaller area on the X axis.

On MT4, you can just hold down the "shift" key and you can freely move the anchor along the X axis without affecting the Y axis value. Is there something similar in Ninja7 or Ninja 8?

Thanks!

Hello ra1den,

Thank you for writing in.

A way that this can be done is by double-clicking on the Fibonacci retracement on your chart. This will bring up the Fibonacci Retracement Properties window. You'll want to click on the Data tab.

In this tab, you will be able to modify the start time and end times (the x-axis) without modifying the Y values.

I would suggest taking a look at this page of our help guide for more information about working with drawing tools and objects: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._tools__ob.htm

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I use Fib Retracement Lines often. What I do is to make the line very-wide and very bright in the Fib Settings. I also create a Hot-Keys for Remove all draw objects from a chart. This makes putting fib lines on and off quick and easy. Making them wide and bright makes grabbing them easy. Also I set a Hot Keys key for the snap modes that I like. I turn on and off the appropriate snap mode that I wish to use with the snap mode hot key during the middle of placing/moving fib lines.

If you left-click and release near the end of the fib line that you want to move.
      You can then "grab" that end and move it.
      You can then move that end separately.
      It isn't perfect because it doesn't lock the other end's y-axis but it is similar to what you asked for.

Hope these ideas help
      Last edited by seefisch; 01-16-2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post proptrade13  
      Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
      1 response
      0 likes