Historical and Replay Charts very different from Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical and Replay Charts very different from Reality

a) I connect to a NinjaTrader / Continuum / DemoDatafeed, open a simple 5-Min chart of ES 03-16, day session of 13-Jan-2016 (three days ago), click the menu "Reload All Historical Data" and have the chart displayed.

b) I disconnect the Demo-feed, connect to my Live-Account Datafeed of Rithmic, open the very same chart, hit the menu "Reload All Historical Data" (Data provided by Ninja Trader !) - and the data looks different, even misses a full bar!

c) I disconnect from Rithmic, connect to "Market Replay" and load the Data I downloaded from Ninja's "Utilities / Download Replay Data" - and the chart for that data looks TOTALLY DIFFERENT, bars turning from green to red and vice versea, even missing THREE bars on the chart.

Maybe a simple 5-Min chart with NO indicators on it of an instrument which is widelytraded and of heavy volume is too fancy for NT's Replay-Logic to display something similar to reality?

Chart "a)" seems to match the screenshot I took at the end of that day's session from live data pretty good. "Historical Data from Ninja" from "b)" is very bad, and the Market Replay Feature in "c)" is just useless garbage.

Another waste of time.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue. I'm sorry to hear of your frustration.

So that I can look in to this please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The trace file is a diagnostic file which you will find in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the file named 'trace.20160117.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just downloaded 2016 ReplayData again, looks all fine now, problem seems to be resolved. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post cls71
      by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
      3 responses