combining iqfeed with interactivebrokers feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

combining iqfeed with interactivebrokers feed

how to setup ninjatrader 7 and 8 so that it uses iqfeed combined with interactive brokers feed?

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

This would just be a matter of connecting to both feeds in the correct order. With this type of setup all real-time and historical data would come from the first provider you connect to so you would likely want to connect to IQ Feed before connecting to Interactive Brokers.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to IQFeed.

You must have IQFeed Client Software version 5.1.0.5 installed

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

You must have standalone Traders Workstation (TWS) version 944.3 (browser version is not supported) installed

More information about using multiple connections within NinjaTrader can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks

thanks for the great reply Kyle!

Comment

more

hi again kyle
        so i set it up with iqfeed and interactivebrokers.
        i connect to iqfeed first and then ib. it works beautifully except that the feed is delayed due to ( i assume) my not paying dtn the extra exchange fees ( hey i already give 120 $ A month via interactivebrokers to ICE alone, i sure dont want to pay it again))

if i reverse the conections i assume i will get the liive ib feed,,,,,,, but i am worried it might limit or slow my backdata from iqfeed ( my strategies call for a year of backdata)?

Comment

Hello Forexoil,

Thank you for your reply,

You're correct, in the scenario with IB connected first, the data will then come from IB.

You can disable any historical data coming from IB. To do this, go to Tools > Account Connections > Select your IB connection and press Change. Select the option for "Disabled, I will use another connection as historical data." This way, you will still be able to get real-time data from IB and historical from IQFeed.

Press Next and Finish to complete the process, you will need to disconnect and reconnect for the changes to take effect.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes that fixed it. thanks for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin