Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

*MISSING 8 HOURS OF CHART DATA* Bad, Faulty and missing chunks of data on charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*MISSING 8 HOURS OF CHART DATA* Bad, Faulty and missing chunks of data on charts

Dear Support,

I noticed after loosing lots of money that NinjaTrader is missing up to 8 hours of chart data. This causes me to fail to assess if support/resistance points have been already touched. Please see the attached chart (5 seconds CL). Last bar since previous session 15 january 2016 @ 23:00, while the first bar is today 18 january 2016 @ 12:03:30.

I also checked with 3 different brokers with both CQG and Rhitmic and ninja behaved in the same horrendous way. Also checked the same datafeeds with other platforms and didn't have the problem, so please don't tell me that it is a datafeed/broker issue.

Also, it is not the first time I ask for help for this problem. In fact last year, a technician told me to clean the data cache regularly and so I am doing (reloading historical data every morning and deleting tick, minute, cache and day folders from <my documents>\ninja trader 7\db) but still having this issue.

I am also writing on behalf of Trading Educators Italy. Please offer us a real and immediate solution, otherwise we will move all our customers from ninja to a different platform/broker.

Thank you very much!

Cristian Nicanor Babula
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nicanor.babula; 01-18-2016, 10:06 AM.

Hello nicanor.babula,

If you right-click your chart in the right-click menu is the Reload All Historical Data gray or is this available?
    If you select this, does this correct your chart?

(If this is gray, restart NinjaTrader and try this again)

Are there any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center?

Are you currently recording real-time data?

You mention that you are connected to CQG. In the Log tab of the Control Center there will be a line that shows which data server you are connected to. This will look similar to:
    Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (****.NinjaTrader.com/31654)

What is the address of the data server that you are connected to?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello and thank you for the answer.

I'll answer your questions one by one below:

If you right-click your chart in the right-click menu is the Reload All Historical Data gray or is this available?
      It is available.

If you select this, does this correct your chart?
      No, it does not correct the chart. It reloads the chart with the same problem.

Are there any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center?
      No errors.

Are you currently recording real-time data?
      I am not sure what you mean by that, but I have Tools->options->data-Save chart data as historical checked.

You mention that you are connected to CQG. In the Log tab of the Control Center there will be a line that shows which data server you are connected to. This will look similar to:
      Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (****.NinjaTrader.com/31654)
      What is the address of the data server that you are connected to?
      It's HDS7.NinjaTrader.com/31654

Comment

Hello nicanor.babula,

You are correct, when I asked if you are saving your real-time data, I was referring to the Tools -> Options... -> Data -> Save chart data as historical option.

This option can continuously cause missing data on a chart. Basically, only what you record is going to be shown on the chart. If NinjaTrader sees that there is historical data being recorded it will not overwrite your recorded data.

If you are connecting to Continuum, Continuum provides historical tick, minute, and daily data for as far back as the instrument has been recorded. There should be no reason that you should need to record the real-time data.

I recommend that you disable this option, delete all of your historical data once more, and then re-download it. As long as this option is disabled you should not encounter the issue again.

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your cache data:
        1. Close NinjaTrader
        2. Open (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7\db\cache\
        3. Delete all files within this folder
        4. Go up one directory to the \db\ folder
        5. Repeat this procedure for the tick, minute, and day folders as well to delete your downloaded historical data
        6. Restart NinjaTrader
        7. Connect
        8. Open a new chart without any indicators or templates applied to see if you are able to load a chart.

This initial load may take a little longer than normal since all new data is being loaded from the historical data servers. After everything has loaded please restart NinjaTrader and let me know if you continue to experience a slow load time.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you very much for the answer. I did what you said and the whole dissapeared. I will monitor the situation and hope never to see them holes again.

Hope you can understand my frustration too, after a whole year of struggle with this issue...

Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post tkaboris  
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses
          0 likes