Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need something more than NT's Chart Trader

Hi there,

I know I may be on the boundary of what is permissible to ask on the NT forum but since I have no idea where else to go and I'm not an Elite Member of Bike Mike's Trading.. well I'm really hoping to have some recommendations from this forum.

Up until now I have been using NT's default "Chart Trader" in combination of ATM Strategies to set Quantity, Stop Losses and Profit Targets. And I'm happy with this. But I am missing just a few features (nothing sophisticated, I don't even need to trail stops), things like:

* A button to bring stop to BREAK EVEN
    * A button which brings in my stop to lock in a given % of profit
    * Perhaps trail 2 ticks beyond previous bar high (but nothing more complex than that).. and really I'm happy to trail manually anyhow
    * Need to still be able to use my ATM Strategies

<> I don't need any kind of position sizing tools

Could anyone make some suggestions of options I could look at which are perhaps obvious to those who are more well versed in the Ninja Trader world?

Thanks in advance,
    Michelle
    Last edited by michelle99; 01-22-2016, 01:52 AM.

Hello Michelle,

- Unfortunately there is no button in ChartTrader to bring teh stop loss to breakeven. Howwever you can manually modify the stop loss to breakeven in the chart. Please click the stop loss once so it is selected. Move to the breakeven price and click again.

- This is not supported. I will forward the suggestion to support such a button to development.

- Unfortunately this cannot be setup with the AutoTrail. You could program such functionality when creating an automated NinjaScript strategy.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thank-you for your reply. I think however my quesiton was not clear. I indeed know NT's Chart trader is insufficient for my needs. What I am asking for here is a suggestion of a couple of known popular 3rd party products which I could look into (even possibly purchase).

I've searched google to try and find a couple of options myself however so far unsuccessfully.

Comment

Please see the link below and click "Ecosystem" at the top of the webpage - between "International" and "Open Account". Subsequently click "Add-Ons" on the new website that opens up and you can search for add-ons.

NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 01-22-2016, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jason - could you please post the link once again for me - I can not see it in your previous post?

Comment

The suggestion to support a break even in ChartTrader has been added to the list of possible future enhancements. It is assigned to SFT-1109.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post Skifree
            by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses