Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup

Hi

I have a few questions I need help with if that's ok.

How Do I set up my Ninja trader with simulated market replay of the E mini Futures s and p/crude oil on a tick chart. I have got the ninja trader continuum demo with free live data feed so wanted to try.

Does this mean I can open/close trades using data of what actually happened that day, so for example if I set an order on market open it would just play out over the day like it has already before the market closed?
    I want to be able to practice and learn on weekends, as I work during the day when the market is open.

I would like to be able to change to forex, so have all the currency pairs up or be able to change to the e mini futures. Will I have to change template to do this. being able to switch means I can practice forex also

Many thanks

Regards

Gianluca

Hello Gianluca,

So that I may advise you on if the data will be available for download, what instrument are you wanting to playback in the Market Replay?

When you mention crude eMini, are you referring to the QM 03-16?

(The CL is not an eMini)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

I am wanting to replay all forex currency pairs and the Es mini s&p futures with a tick chart setup.

Many thanks

Regards

Gianluca

Comment

Hello Gianluca,

Each instrument and each day of market replay data must be downloaded one at a time.

I have created a video to demonstrate how to download a day of data and play it back. In this video I am not going go through the process of downloading data for every forex instrument as this would be a very very long video.
        http://screencast.com/t/TgnfcKAgzR

Also, there is a training video for using Market Replay in our training videos which I am linking below.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgB1...56536A44DD7105
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for linking the videos,

But I can just use simulated feeds anyway on forex, what is the emini s&p identified as on the software?

Also do you know how I make it a tick based chart? I would like to set 220 for forex and 610 for e mini futures.

Many thanks

Regards

Gianluca

Comment

Hello,

E-mini S&P 500 futures are available under the symbol ES 03-16.

To create a tick based chart, you will need to use the Period: Type and Period: Value properties which are found in the Data Series menu. To access the Data Series menu right click in your chart and select Data Series. Attached you will find an example image showing the settings which could be used to create a 610 tick ES 03-16 chart.
            Attached Files
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I tried this but it has come up still with candlesticks like normal.

Also can I load up Forex/Futures from data series and then just toggle between Forex charts and other charts I loaded in, or does it have to be a new workspace to separate Forex and futures.

Many Thanks

Regards

Gianluca

Comment

Hello Gianluca,

1.) NinjaTrader would display all interval types using candlesticks by default. Within the same Data Series menu where you selected the tick interval you can select other display modes like box, OHLC, HiLo or Line on Close using the Chart Style property.

2.) NinjaTrader will allow you to access both futures and forex instruments in a single workspace.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes