Dismal performance issues with NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dismal performance issues with NT7

I've gone through all of the information that I can find on these forums and others. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the application.

I have a 4.0G quad core processor with 32G of physical ram. I don't have a lot running on my trading machine, apart from another charting package and NT.

I should have plenty of resources to run both packages without 5 minute freezes if I make a change to a chart or indicator. In fact, my Task Manager says I'm using about 20% of CPU and 26% of Physical Memory.

I need better performance. I need my work space to take fewer than 10 minutes to load. I need my platform to not freeze for several minutes after I add an indicator to a chart.

My charts have a 100 days loaded, but that's how many I need to load monthly pivots. I have anywhere from 12 - 18 charts running at a time. Again, I should have plenty of resources to manage this.

I need better performance. Please help.

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160129.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160129.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your email today, Drew. I will reboot everything and see if there is some improvement.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH