Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Save chart data as historical" questions

Hi there,

I have a couple of questions on the feature: Options > Data > "Save chart data as historical". In the help guide here it says:
    Enables or disables the storage of incoming real-time Chart data to your local PC for future historical data requests. If you are connected to a provider that supports historical data, disable this feature.

Question 1:
    I trade with 2 or 3 workspaces each having 12 charts with multiple indicators and using a bespoke range bar. There are a lot of calculations going on. During big rushes of data (market open or news) I can sometimes experience screen freezes. If I have this option CHECKED - does it increase the load on my machine?

Question 2: If I am using Continuum as my data provider who do provide historical data, then as the help file suggests I would UNCHECK this option. Are there any circumstances in this scenario whatsoever that I would ever want to consider having this option CHECKED?

QUESTION 3: If I back fill my charts using Continuum and then switch over to my IB data feed (no historical data) for real time data, what are the consequences of having this option UNCHECKED?

Thanks very much in advance,
    Michelle

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    If you are seeing performance issues we would recommend to uncheck this option as it does increase the processing load. Please see the following link on our performance tips: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ance_tips2.htm

If you are connected to Continuum, NinjaTrader provides historical data through the NinjaTrader historical data servers.

If you disconnect from Continuum and then connect to Interactive Brokers the only thing that will happen is you would not receive historical data between the time that you were disconnected for your tick charts as Interactive Brokers does not provider historical tick data.

If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes