Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to database , NT-7.0.1000.31

Hello,

I just downloaded the new NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.31 and installed it then ran it and got a couple of error messages and the program would not run.

Screenshots of the two main error messages are attached.

I was using the 32 bit version of NinjaTrader 7 before (v7.0.1000.30) and this time I tried to run the 64 bit version (I have a 64 bit windows Operating System).

Please advise,
    Attached Files

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC.

Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    Add and remove software/programs
    Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
    Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to
    Run the file names SSCERuntime-ENU.exe in which you will want to extract to this directory once more (there will be two files)
    SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cody,

Thanks for the info.

I followed the steps you outlined and I can use the latest 32 bit version of NinjaTrader, but I still get the same error messages when I try to use the latest 64 bit version.

Comment

Hello,
        It sounds as though you experienced a corrupt upgrade. The most common reason for this is NinjaTrader was left running when the installation ran.
        To resolve this please uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. Following these steps will not affect your data, settings, configuration, NinjaScripts, Workspaces, etc.

First save your license key to a document

You can locate your license key by going to Help> License Key

Now exit NinjaTrader and uninstall it within Windows Control Center

Once uninstalled you can redownload NinjaTrader from the link below

Paste your license key

Select Submit

Download and then run the installer

Please let me know if you are unable to open the 64 bit version after reinstalling.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes