Just updated new NT7 can't connect to Continuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just updated new NT7 can't connect to Continuum

On start up of NT 7 update I am getting error message “FAILED TO VERIFY LICENSE”. As I attempt to connect to my continuum account i note it no longer appears as an option. Please note I have not had a connection issue before.

Tech support says it's at my and and directed me to my ISP provider. Complete nonsense. How disappointing. Anybody have a clue on how to get around this???

Hello Johnash,

The license server is up and running. When I tested your license key on my end, it works without issue. Something on your end is blocking the connection. Unfortunately I am not able to determine what exactly is the culprit. Can you please troubleshoot the issue using the steps below.

Can you please try a reset of your modem/router and check if this will make a difference.

Are you wireless connected? If so, please hard wire your computer to your modem/router if possible.

How many devices do you have connected to your modem/router? Is NinjaTrader able to connect if less devices are connected to your modem/router?

Do you perhaps have another internet connection available? Maybe you can use your mobile phone (hot spot) as internet source. If so, please check if NinjaTrader can connect to its license server using the other internet connection.

Perhaps there is an issue between routers from your location to the license server. The connection goes from your computer via various routers to the license server. You can perform a tracert test to check this.

This procedure allows you to check where connection might fail or experiences large latency. It will sent a package to the license server and it will track down the routers it connects through.

In Windows, select Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt.

Enter "tracert 72.233.92.253" and hit Enter. Check if you see any major latencies between routers. More information regarding this procedure can be found at the link below.
    How to perform a traceroute to a domain or website - this will help identify connection problems.

If you see latency between certain routers, please contact your ISP and check if there is anything they can do from their end.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As you know already none of those suggestions worked. I am trying the suggestions form the other support crew. Thanks

Comment

I have two PC in the same LAN, with de same firewall. One of them is WindowsXP and the other PC is Windows10. Windows10 works fine with the las upgrade to 7.0.1000.31, but WindowsXP has an error when start like this after this upgrade:
        FAILED TO VERIFY LIENSE
        Ninjatrader is having problems connecting to it´s license servers. Possible problems are a) Your firewall software is enabled and you have not authorized Ninjatrader ro access the internet b) Your Internet service provovider................
        I have deactivated my firewall and I have acces to internet. Do you have any idea? Thanks

Comment

Hello carlosantolinez,

Since both machines use the same internet connection, the issue likely caused by something on the Windows XP machine. Can you please shut down all other programs you have running on the Windows XP machine. Subsequently start NinjaTrader and check if the license key is verified without issue.

If the issue remains, please send me an email at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com that includes the license key you have entered in NinjaTrader on the Windows XP machine. You can find the license key at Control Center-->Help-->License Key.

Comment

I too am running XP. I think I will pass on the update for now until all your bugs are worked out. Please direct me to where I can download the previous version. Ta

Comment

The issue is not caused by the new version. If this would be the case, all clients that updated would report the issue. Installing the previous version will likely not make a difference.

You can download and install the previous version from the link below.
              NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Please enter your email address in the "Your Email" field and hit "Download Now! FREE to Use". You will now be directed to a webpage to select the NinjaTrader version (7 and 8 beta) you like to download and install. Select NinjaTrader 7 and you will see another new page which included "Prior Release - 7.0.1000.30"

Comment

Jason I note that all other NT support have a different response to this connection problem. Perhaps you could hand me over to someone else who is prepared to assist me instead of asking me to speak to my ISP

Comment

Can you please install the prior version and check if the issue remains. The issue is either with Windows XP and NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.31 or an ISP backbone issue.

You will save all settings and data including your indicators. They are saved at Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 which is unaffected when you uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel.

Make sure that NinjaTrader is shut down.

Please uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via the Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features

You can download and install the previous version from the link below.
                  NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Please enter your email address in the "Your Email" field and hit "Download Now! FREE to Use". You will now be directed to a webpage to select the NinjaTrader version (7 and 8 beta) you like to download and install. Select NinjaTrader 7 and you will see another new page which included "Prior Release - 7.0.1000.30"

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue remains.

Comment

Jason. That was my idea to try the previous version. You inferred that it was not a good idea. Please explain.

Comment

I have unistall Ninjatrader 7.0.1000.31 from my WondowsXP, and then I have instal the prior version 7.0.1000.30. the prior version works fine but the last version 7.0.1000.31 has issue starting.

I´m sorry by this bad notice Jason but I´m sure that you have a problem with this version 7.0.1000.31 in WindowsXP.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you for letting me know. I will forward a report to my superiors. For now, please remain on version 7.0.1000.30.

@John, normally a license key verification issue is not caused by a version. I have not seen this before in the last 8 years. If the license key cannot be verified, normally it is caused by something that blocks NinjaTrader from connecting to its license server or an issue with the internet connection setup.

Comment

Yes reinstalling the previous version worked for me. Keep in mind I run XP.

Comment

I have the same problem on Windows XP.

1) ONLY NT 7.0.1000.30 works fine.
                            2) Updated to .31, ERROR "Failed to verify license..."
                            3) Insalled "Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU"
                            4) Uninstalled NT completely, installed 7.0.1000.31, again same ERROR
                            5) Reinstalled NT 7.0.1000.30, EVERYTHING PERFECT...

Comment

Hello anett,

Unfortunately there is an issue with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.31 and Windows XP. Please stay on version 7.0.1000.30 for now.

We are currently working on a solution for Windows XP and the upgrade to version 31 of NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                              1 response