Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just updated to NT 7.0.1000.31, "can't verify license key"

Hi,

Since I installed the latest NT update an hour ago NinjaTrader cannot verify my license key. The machine I'm using is WIN XP. I see others also have issues with their XP boxes.

This is the output from tracert (in Dutch):

Bezig met het traceren van de route naar host.ninjatrader.com [74.200.197.238]

via maximaal 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.2.254

2 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms 195.190.228.52

3 15 ms 16 ms 15 ms nl-rt-dc2-git-cr04.kpn.net [213.75.64.241]

4 17 ms 16 ms 15 ms nl-rt-dc2-ice-ir01.kpn.net [213.75.64.240]

5 14 ms 13 ms 14 ms rt2-rou-1022.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.93.140]

6 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms asd2-rou-1043.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.48.210]

7 21 ms 25 ms 21 ms ae9.edge3.Amsterdam1.level3.net [213.244.164.205]

8 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

9 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

10 132 ms 132 ms 132 ms DATAPIPE-IN.ear3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.15.34.226]

11 127 ms 127 ms 127 ms te1-1.core2.dfw.datapipe.net [72.36.242.10]

12 132 ms 131 ms 132 ms 105.45.232.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com [72.232.45.105]

13 128 ms 127 ms 128 ms 5.47.232.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com [72.232.47.5]

14 139 ms * * v2562.cs01.ord01.layeredtech.com [72.232.5.46]

15 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

16 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

17 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

18 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

19 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

20 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

21 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

22 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

23 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

24 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

25 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

26 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

27 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

28 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

Please advice!

Thank you
    Last edited by Nick88; 02-02-2016, 03:19 AM.

Hello Nick88,

I do not experience such an issue on my end. I am located in the Netherlands as well. NinjaTrader (7.0.1000.31) connects without issue to the license server.

What ISP do you have?

I suspect there could be an ISP backbone issue which causes the issue. Are you able to test a different ISP? Perhaps you can connect your PC to the internet through your mobile phone as a test?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

My ISP is KPN, for mobile phone also...

To be sure: If I uninstall this latest update of NT and re-install an earlier version of NT are my setup, historical chart data etc. saved? I would prefer to roll back my NT version untill this issue has been investigated further.

Thanks

Comment

I am using Ziggo/UPC on my end. Unfortunately I do not have access to KPN to test to see if there is an issue in their backbone.

You will save all settings and data including your indicators. They are saved at Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 which is unaffected when you uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel.

Please let me know if the issue persists after installing the prior version.

Comment

Downgrading to version .30 did the trick. So there seems to be an issue with .31 on XP machines.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Nick88,

Yes, unfortunately there is an issue with version 7.0.1000.31 and Windows XP. We are working on a resolution. For now, please remain on version 7.0.1000.30.

Comment

Hi,

I have experienced similar issue with NT v 7.0.1000.31 and Windows 7. Ninja trader could not connect to licence server.
              Once I have done downgrade it started to work ok.

Br,
              Marcin

Comment

Hello Marcin,

I am not aware of issues with Windows 7. I have Windows 7 as well, but the license key is verified without issue. I suspect the error had a different cause on your end.

Usually firewall software is preventing NinjaTrader from accessing our license servers. To test this, please disable all firewalls and then restart NinjaTrader and see if it works. If yes, you just need to add ninjatrader.com to the exception list (safe list) for your firewall software.

Comment

Hi,

This is definately not my firewall which is disabled nor my ISP.
                  On same wiindows 7 downgraded ninja trader works just fine.

If I would not discover that downgrade is solving my issue I was almost forced to run wireshark to check what is going on.
                  I work for big sw company so I think I know what I'm talking about.
                  Sometimes new sw versions bring unwanted bugs
                  Last edited by tommy_mm; 02-02-2016, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Users on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 that upgrade to 7.0.1000.31 will be unable to verify the license until the file at the following link is downloaded and installed.

Save the file to your Desktop, right click on the file, and select Install CRL.

Once complete you can start NinjaTrader.

Comment

@NinjaTrader_Jason - I performed the mandatory upgrade of NT7 to 7.0.1000.31 from xx.30 and had the same 'verifying license' issue. The 'NinjaTrader Continuum (Demo)' option was also missing from the connections list. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1. I tried the suggestions of adding NT to my Internet Security / Firewalls etc., disabling Internet Security / Firewalls etc., but was still receiving the same error message.

I then performed a manual Windows Update check and found there were a number of required updates to .NET Frameworks 3.5.1 & 4.6.1 as well as some Security updates and other general/unspecific updates. When these were installed and the system rebooted, NT7.0.1000.31 connected straight away and the 'NinjaTrader Continuum (Demo)' has reappeared in the connections list.

This resolved my problem, hope others may find it useful too..

Comment

Thanks

This CRL file helped to make the list or providers reappear again. (Under Tools:Account Connections:External Data Feed)

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                        Users on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 that upgrade to 7.0.1000.31 will be unable to verify the license until the file at the following link is downloaded and installed.

Save the file to your Desktop, right click on the file, and select Install CRL.

Once complete you can start NinjaTrader.

Comment

Same problem even with recommended crl certificate installed

Hello,

I just experienced this same problem again where I cannot connect to the NT license servers with my Win XP box running NT 7.0.1000.31.

I have already downloaded and installed the certificate at this link weeks ago to fix this problem when it first occurred:

https://certs.godaddy.com/repository/gdroot-g2.crl

My XP box running NT 7.0.1000.31 has had no problem connecting to the NT license servers for the past 2 weeks. I was connected just fine for the entire trading day today, on 3/15/2016. However, for some reason, my XP box can no longer connect to the NT license servers even with the above certificate installed.

(My Win 7 Pro 64-bit box running NT 7.0.1000.31 has no problems connecting to the NT license servers and runs just fine.)

Please get back to me ASAP about how I can get my XP box to connect properly to the NT license servers and to run properly again.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello flonkle,

Can you please send me an email at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, Just updated to NT 7.0.1000.31, "can't verify license key"' in the subject header.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I already emailed you guys about the problem, and you guys sent me a fix that worked. Thanks again for your help.
                              Last edited by flonkle; 03-16-2016, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bmartz
                              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes