Don't receive TICK (index) data since yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't receive TICK (index) data since yesterday

Hi, yesterday there were no TICK data coming thorugh (NYSE TICK index). Today I upgraded to the latast version of NT and hoped it would solve the problem, but alas no.

There is currently still an issue with receiving certain index data for many clients.

Our Development Team is aware and is working diligently with the data provider to discover the root of what is occurring.

As this appears to be the first forum post on the matter I will continue to update this thread with any updates regarding index data.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-02-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Indicator working

Just an fyi..I have an independently make indicator that reads the Tick info and gives an alert at high and low ticks. Even thought the chart is not working, the indicator is. The problem doesn't appear to be the mechanics just the feed to the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGlover51 View Post
        Just an fyi..I have an independently make indicator that reads the Tick info and gives an alert at high and low ticks. Even thought the chart is not working, the indicator is. The problem doesn't appear to be the mechanics just the feed to the chart.
        If you are willing, could you write in the PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with your custom script? This may assist us in our troubleshooting.

Comment

Same issue today, this is crucial for us.

Comment

The real-time index data should now be coming through. Please disconnect and reconnect to refresh your connections.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-02-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

rebooted, still not getting tick data

Comment

Originally posted by trader x View Post
                rebooted, still not getting tick data
                So I may further test your account connection on my end, can you please send me your configuration file?

You will find your configuration file in the following directory.
                (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Please send the config file to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com ATTN Patrick G

Comment

sent file

sent the config file, thx.

Comment

After a complete restart of the platform, TICK works again. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by matronyx View Post
                      After a complete restart of the platform, TICK works again. Good stuff.
                      I am not getting the ^TICK after restart. What did you do to get the data? I have ninjatrader 7.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        I am not getting the ^TICK after restart. What did you do to get the data? I have ninjatrader 7.
                        Please note that you must be subscribed through your data provider to receive real-time index data, and also have it enabled in your account connection.

The CQG futures demos do not provide real-time index data.

If you think you've met these requirements but are still not receiving live data please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with your config.xml file from (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder. ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                          Please note that you must be subscribed through your data provider to receive real-time index data, and also have it enabled in your account connection.

The CQG futures demos do not provide real-time index data.

If you think you've met these requirements but are still not receiving live data please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with your config.xml file from (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder. ATTN Patrick G
                          How does one get real time index data while in the demo? I talked to someone at Kinetik and they said that the demo should come with the NYSE TICK 1 min data. Why would that recently change? Im trying to implement my strategy but need this data to get it all set up.

Comment

I'm using the ^TICK, just make sure you have the NYSE checked in the exchanges list for that index under instrument manager.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              How does one get real time index data while in the demo? I talked to someone at Kinetik and they said that the demo should come with the NYSE TICK 1 min data. Why would that recently change? Im trying to implement my strategy but need this data to get it all set up.
                              The CQG demo does include minute data however it is historical only. I would recommend writing in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com for more information on what a solution to needing live index data may be.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Aviram Y