error message after upgrading to NT 7 version 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error message after upgrading to NT 7 version 21

Recently, I did two things on the same day: upgraded NT 7 to the latest build (21), and also updated my antivirus software (AVG free version). When I went to start up NT, I got the error message shown in the attachments (failed to verify license). I suspect that the newer version of AVG antivirus did something differently, but I'm not sure. Is anyone else seeing this?
    Oh, BTW, I click "OK" on the error message and NT loads just fine anyway, so should I just ignore this?
    Thanks, Tasuki
    Attached Files

Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for your post.

Which version of the Windows operating system are you running? For example, Windows XP, Windows 10, etc.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,
      I'm still back on XP. Never liked the later versions of Windows.
      Tasuki
      p.s. just restarted computer, disabled AVG antivirus, and got the same Ninjatrader error message when starting NT, so I guess it's not the AVG antivirus that's blocking NT. What else could it be? I entered my NT license number correctly, took it right off the Help/License Key in the control center when upgrading to build 21.
      Last edited by Tasuki; 02-04-2016, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Hello Tasuki,

Thanks for your post.

Are you actually referring to Release 31? Release 21 was first launched in January of 2014.

Users on Windows XP and Vista that upgrade to 7.0.1000.31 will be unable to verify the license until the file at the following link is downloaded and installed.

Save the file to your Desktop, right click on the file, and select Install CRL

Once complete you can start NinjaTrader
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oops, my bad, yes release 31, not 21. And the fix worked. Thanks. Can you use this same kind of patch for the new NT version 8, or will we old XP users just be out of luck?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

NinjaTrader 8 would not be supported for use with Windows XP.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_DrewO; 02-05-2016, 07:18 AM. Reason: Updated information

Comment

Drew,

Woah, hold the phone. I thought I read somewhere on this support forum that NT 8 CANNOT be used with my trusty old XP. If I'm understanding you correctly, NT 8 WILL (?) work on an XP, I just have to use this "cheat code" (so to speak)? OK, that's great news, but please confirm, if you please, because I'm pretty sure I heard/read that NT 8 won't work on an XP machine.

Comment

Tasuki,

Thanks for getting back to me.

You would be correct, NinjaTrader 8 is not supported with Windows XP. My apologies for any confusion.

Comment

I'm having similar issues. Will this work on windows 7

Comment

I guess the license servers are working now. I managed to log in on Win 7 again.

Comment

I can not install Release 7.0.1000.31. Please help.

Hi,

I have been a long term user of Ninjatrader and always happy with prior release.
                      I am using window 7 and recently re-formatted my pc and having problem downloading Release 7.0.1000.31.
                      Every time, I clicked Run and a small window popped and showed:
                      "Window cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I checked the requirement and noticed that it needs Microsoft.Net Frameworks 3.5. I noticed that I only have Microsoft. Net Frameworks 4.6.1 installed.
                      Could this be the problem then?

I have however successfully installed NT 8(beta) but I disliked it a great deal.
                      To me, it 's not very user friendly and not compatible with some customed indicators. compared to some older versions.
                      So I really like to install Release 7.0.1000.31.

Please kindly help.

Many thanks!

David

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160331.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160331.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hi Drew,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I was using Release 7.0.1000.31 before and never had any problem. But recently I re-formatted my pc and deleted everything in there; so I need to re-install NT 7.

But every time I tried to download/install Release 7.0.1000.31. I clicked Run and a small window popped and showed:
                          "Window cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I don't have a log file for NT 7 as I was never able to download/install it in the first place.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

David

Comment

Hi Drew,

I have also tried to download/install NT Release 7.0.1000.30
                            but it showed this error:
                            "The signature of NinjaTrader.Install.Previous.msi is corrupt or invalid."

It seems neither Release 7.0.1000.30 or Release 7.0.1000.31 can not be downloaded/installed on my pc.

Thanks !

David

Comment

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the UAC settings on your PC. Is the User account you are currently using on this PC an Administrator account?

Please right-click on the setup.exe file for Release 31 and select "Run as Administrator". This should prompt a UAC message on your screen to grant access to the setup.exe file to run. Click "Yes" to this prompt, Does this allow the installer to function as expected?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Barry Milan  
                              Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes