Chart not loading latest data up to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart not loading latest data up to date

I have AAPL chart connected to IB. Intraday 5 minute. I set End date to 2/3/2016 (today) Days to load: 90.

But it is only showing up to 1/27/2015. What is going on?

ps. Did click on "reload all historical data" from right click, but still does not fix it

Hello ssg10,

Do you experience the issue only for the AAPL or for other stocks as well?

Can you please disconnect IB and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the AAPL chart loads the requested data.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the entire cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did both of your suggestions. Now, AAPL chart has nothing.
      Other instruments such as FB, GILD, also missing data.

Comment

Hello,

Which version of NinjaTrader are you running? To check, please open the Help > About menu. Version is shown at the top of this window in an XXX.X format.

Additionally, which build of Interactive Brokers' TWS are you using? To check please open the Help > About Trader Workstation menu. Build is shown near the bottom of this window in an XXX.X format.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trader Workstation Copyright © 2000 LICENSOR to Interactive Brokers ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Build 949.3c, Apr 22, 2015 4:33:14 PM Jolt Build 1.2.36, Feb 6, 2015 05:32:17 PM Nia Build 2.1.1, Feb 10, 2015 05:15:14 PM ModelNav Build 1.2.11, Jan 30, 2015 06:27:38 PM Riskfeed Build 2.4.15, Feb 6, 2015 11:53:06 AM

Comment

Hello ssg10,

Please note that the supported version of Trader Workstation is 944.3. You have 949.3c installed.

You will need to uninstall this and install the compatible version.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

You must have standalone Traders Workstation (TWS) version 944.3 (browser version is not supported) installed

Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It used to work before. So, I dont know if I bought your answer.
              Does the engineering know what's the difference? The API should be the same. But again, it used to work in this combination of NT and IB version in my computer before.

Comment

here is the latest traces. No errors in the trace files related to the AAPL.
                Only AAPL can't load, other stocks load.

2016-02-29 00:15:05:947 Gui.InstrumentManager.OnOk: WARNING2: $EURGBP Default
                2016-02-29 00:15:08:801 (IB) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='AAPL' from='2015-12-31' to='2016-02-25' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='US Equities RTH'
                2016-02-29 00:15:11:783 (IB) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='AAPL' from='2015-03-01' to='2016-02-28' period=Daily splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='US Equities RTH'
                2016-02-29 00:15:14:152 (IB) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='AAPL' from='2015-12-31' to='2016-02-25' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='US Equities RTH'
                2016-02-29 00:15:24:515 (IB) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='AAPL' from='2015-12-31' to='2016-02-29' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session=''
                2016-02-29 00:15:24:895 (IB) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='AAPL' from='2015-12-31' to='2016-02-25' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='US Equities RTH'

Comment

Hello ssg10,

Please see the Interactive Brokers connection guide for NinjaTrader 7 at the link below.

Requirements:
                  You must have standalone Traders Workstation (TWS) version 944.3 (browser version is not supported) installed

Can you please check if you are able to load data for the AAPL with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.31 and TWS 944.3.

Comment

ok, i downgraded my tws to
                    Build 944.3, Apr 1, 2014 1:29:41 PM Jolt Build 1.2.6, Feb 14, 2014 04:09:43 PM Nia Build 1.11.5, Jan 22, 2014 05:21:07 PM ModelNav Build 1.1.47, Jan 7, 2014 10:26:24 AM Riskfeed Build 1.24.7, Mar 5, 2014 10:12:20 AM

at least i can see real time tick on AAPL, but i cannot reload historical data and no historical data on chart

Comment

Hello ssg10,
                      Thanks for your reply.
                      Interactive Brokers does not have historical tick data in NinjaTrader. You would need to use another data provider such as Kinetick.
                      I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider.
                      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon

I agree IB does not have historical tick.
                        But, IB does have historical data from 1 sec to minutes up to 6 months, I believe.
                        See below API from IB API guide.

Apart from this. My other charts on GILD, FB, etc can load historical data, except AAPL. So, something is still not right?

reqHistoricalData()

Call the reqHistoricalData() method to start receiving historical data results through the historicalData() EWrapper method.

void reqHistoricalData (int id, Contract contract, String endDateTime, String durationStr, String barSizeSetting, String whatToShow, int useRTH, int formatDate, List<TagValue> chartOptions)

Parameter Type Description
                        tickerId int The Id for the request. Must be a unique value. When the data is received, it will be identified by this Id. This is also used when canceling the historical data request.
                        contract Contract This class contains attributes used to describe the contract.
                        endDateTime String Use the format yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss tmz, where the time zone is allowed (optionally) after a space at the end.
                        durationStr String
                        This is the time span the request will cover, and is specified using the format: <integer> <unit>, i.e., 1 D, where valid units are:

" S (seconds)
                        " D (days)
                        " W (weeks)
                        " M (months)
                        " Y (years)
                        If no unit is specified, seconds are used. Also, note "years" is currently limited to one.

barSizeSetting String
                        Specifies the size of the bars that will be returned (within IB/TWS limits). Valid bar size values include:

1 sec
                        5 secs
                        15 secs
                        30 secs
                        1 min
                        2 mins
                        3 mins
                        5 mins
                        15 mins
                        30 mins
                        1 hour
                        1 day

Comment

Hello ssg10,

Within NinjaTrader, seconds bars are built internally using tick based data. When using your Interactive Brokers connection with NinjaTrader, only historical minute and daily based historical bars are available.

When you attempt to load minute or daily data for AAPL does an error appear on screen or in the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what does the error report?
                          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                            Hello ssg10,

Within NinjaTrader, seconds bars are built internally using tick based data. When using your Interactive Brokers connection with NinjaTrader, only historical minute and daily based historical bars are available.

When you attempt to load minute or daily data for AAPL does an error appear on screen or in the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what does the error report?
                            Exactly, I only need 2 minute chart, not seconds. So, in theory, NT should be able to request historical minute data from IB with no problem, correct? The proof is that the other tickers are fine, like SBUX, FB, etc.

No errors in the log. Anything else to debug this issue?

Comment

Yes, you can load historical minute data from IB. You should be able to load data if you create a AAPL chart with Type set to Minute in the Data Series window. If you set Type to Seconds (and Value to 120), it will not load any historical data.

Please create a brand new AAPL chart and set Type to Minute and Value to 2. Check if the requested data is loaded.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post TraderBCL  
                              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes