is there an "undo" action for charting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there an "undo" action for charting?

I sometimes click and hold to pan, but end up grabbing a drawing object and moving it somewhere useless. Am I able to "undo" to put it back exactly at its original data points?

Hello tarnation,
    Thanks for your post.
    There is not an undo option. It would need to be manually placed back where desired.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by tarnation View Post
      I sometimes click and hold to pan, but end up grabbing a drawing object and moving it somewhere useless. Am I able to "undo" to put it back exactly at its original data points?
      Tarnation,
      This is a feature that we've been requesting for literally years.
      What In

Comment

+ 1, no one is perfect and occasionally make mistakes. WE NEED an undo button. Can you give us any reason why we don't???

Please don't reply with '' I shall forward it to the developers'' I'm sure it's a very simple bit of coding. Make us happy :-)

Other than this and that, i'm very happy with the software

Comment

I see this question is on the NT 7 side of the forum. Did they manage to put an "undo" button on NT 8?
          Tasuki

Comment

I have many proprietary indicators that would be a nightmare to transfer. (Although mainly a Price action using the 3 laws EvR c@e, s@d, Alas no nt8 at present, I've had a play, and I like. I will migrate when I have no other choice. Happy trading my friend

Comment

It is unlikely that new development would be added to NinjaTrader 7 as all of our development efforts are now focused on NinjaTrader 8.

This task sounds simple on the surface, but from a programming standpoint this is actually quite a large task which has many high risk scenarios that would need to be thoroughly tested before implementation into the platform.

This is still being tracked internally as SFT-123, I will forward your vote to the Development Team.Votes from users contribute to the priority of feature requests.

Comment

+1 for me for NT8, there is a design pattern called the Command pattern used by MS Word and such to provide an undo facility, it's not trivial but it's a known solved problem and would save users many hours over the course of a month

Comment

Hello smitad,

Thank you for your note.

We have added a vote to this request on your behalf.

Comment

I can hear Sierra Calling, this is like basic right. Same as no price info on rays and lines, come on work harder & get these basic things done

Comment

just wondering if there is any update on this?

Comment

I'm not even sure how they would do this. It seems like they would have to keep track of all of the drawing tools that are user drawn on the chart for the previous state - but what if, for instance, an indicator moved or deleted one of them subsequent to you moving it, and you "undo"? There is more to this than immediately meets the eye.
                        Bruce DeVault
                        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Well they can at least make it so that people dont move drawing objects when they are trying to position their chart. It is mind numbing the frustration that I experience when trying to trade. Focus is paramount and it seems like NJ has complete disregard for such. I came here seeking an undo for the same reason as numerous other people- unintentionally moving drawings

Comment

Hello isalirezag,

Thanks for your notes.

This feature request has not yet been implemented in NinjaTrader 8 and we do not have any updates on this item at this time.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you upvote this for me please, it feel like I'm in 1998. Also a lock feature on indicator would be nice. thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Delerium  
                              Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post FAQtrader