Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Run multiple instances of Ninjatrader Simultaneously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run multiple instances of Ninjatrader Simultaneously?

Can I run multiple instances of Ninjatrader Simultaneously? Ninjatraders are connected to different IB accounts and run on different PCs.
    The reason why I want to do this is to have multiple strategies on the same instrument.
    Is there a better way to achieve this goal?
    I have the lifetime license for Ninjatrader.
    Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

It is not possible to run multiple instances of NinjaTrader on the same PC. You could run multiple instances of NinjaTrader on multiple PC's however a license for each PC which you are using would be required. (The same key cannot be in use on two PC's at the same time.)
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Then can I run multiple strategies on multiple IB accounts on the same instance of Ninjatrader?

Comment

Hello,

Yes, that is absolutely possible.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I run NT on a VPS so if I want to run a version of NT also on my home pc would I need a seperate login so both versions of NT wouldnt be using the same data/info/strategies?

Comment

Hello AmberBamber1999,

Thank you for the message.

Considering the last NinjaTrader response was from 2016, a lot has changed since then. There is no longer a need to purchase multiple licenses for multiple platforms.
            • New NinjaTrader Experience: FAQ
              • These days, you would have your one NinjaTrader username that has its entitlements connected to it.
              • From there, you would use that same username and password to open as many NinjaTrader platforms (on separate PCs) as you want.

So, you just need to download and install NT on your local PC and then bring a backup file over of all of your settings. Then finish by re-configuring your account connection.

Please use the steps below to install the most recent version of NinjaTrader:
            • Login into your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
            • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
            • Select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" section
            • Once the installation is downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.

After completing the installation, you can log into the platform using the same username and password as your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard.
            • Note: Updating NinjaTrader Desktop will not affect any custom configurations, workspaces, or add-ons.
            • A visual walkthrough of the update process may be found here in our Help Center.

More steps and information on backing up and sending your workspaces and settings between computers:

The easiest way to copy your platform and settings from one PC to another is using the NinjaTrader Backup feature. You may follow along with the guide below that includes picture examples:Please see the following link for more information on the Export/Import Backup Process:
            Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
            Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes