Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to check which connection is providing realtime

`Hi there,

I have two connections, Continuum being the first connection I established and IB being the second. When my IB connection dropped, it seemed to me that my chart data stopped being populated. Is there I way I can check to make certain that realtime data is coming from Continuum?

Thanks
    Michelle

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you are connected to Continuum first this connection would provide all real time and historical data for Futures and Indexes if enabled for your connection then IB would provide all real time and historical data for Stocks, Forex and Indexes if not enabled within your Continuum connection.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Multiple Connections.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you are connected to Continuum first this connection would provide all real time and historical data for Futures and Indexes if enabled for your connection then IB would provide all real time and historical data for Stocks, Forex and Indexes if not enabled within your Continuum connection.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Multiple Connections.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm
      Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your reply. As mentioned, I have Continuum connected first (roker A) and IB Second (Broker B). For IB, I have historical data DISABLED - it is enabled for Continuum.

However, this is not my question. What I saw is that when my IB connection dropped my charts stopped populating.

How do I check (eg the log files) as to which connection I am getting historical data from. I want to make sure it is Continuum. As in spite of what the manual is telling me, this is not what I am seeing.

Thanks again, Michelle

Comment

Within your Continuum connection settings do you have Historical Data enabled? If so real time and historical data for Futures and Indexes (if enabled within your connection settings) would come from Continuum.

When you lose connection to IB can you tell me what instrument stops updating.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Within your Continuum connection settings do you have Historical Data enabled? If so real time and historical data for Futures and Indexes (if enabled within your connection settings) would come from Continuum.

When you lose connection to IB can you tell me what instrument stops updating.
          As mentioned Continuum is enabled for historical.

Again, I am asking one simple question here - How do I check to ensure that my first connection is indeed the one supplying data??????

Comment

Yes your first connection supplies real time and historical data for Futures and Indexes if your connections is enabled to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by michellepace View Post
              How do I check to ensure that my first connection is indeed the one supplying data?
              You can't. I know of no supported way in NT7 that can specifically tell you precisely what you're wanting to know.

[I think NT8 corrects some of these deficiencies]

Nonetheless, the answer in NT7 is more nuanced, and is rightfully this: it depends.

Why?
              Start with the instrument (that's why NT support wants to know that)
              For that instrument, start with your first connection
              Does that connection support the data this instrument needs?
              Yes- you're done, get the data
              No- try next connection

If you'd state the instrument who's chart is not updating, NT support will help you make sense of the steps NT7 took to choose a connection for that instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
                You can't. I know of no supported way in NT7 that can specifically tell you precisely what you're wanting to know.

[I think NT8 corrects some of these deficiencies]

Nonetheless, the answer in NT7 is more nuanced, and is rightfully this: it depends.

Why?
                Start with the instrument (that's why NT support wants to know that)
                For that instrument, start with your first connection
                Does that connection support the data this instrument needs?
                Yes- you're done, get the data
                No- try next connection

If you'd state the instrument who's chart is not updating, NT support will help you make sense of the steps NT7 took to choose a connection for that instrument.

Thanks David, these are the instruments: (all subscribed to on continuum)

FDAX
                GC
                CL

Comment

FDAX, CL and GC data in this instance would come from the first connection Continuum.

If you are losing real time data when IB loses connection Continuum may also be losing connection to price feed as well.

So I may look into the issue further please send a note to [email protected] with "Attn: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                  1.) A link to this forum thread.
                  2.) Your trace and log files from when last occurred.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  15 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes