Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can different Sim10x accounts be changed in Super DOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can different Sim10x accounts be changed in Super DOM?

I have Sim101 - Sim110. I am testing multiple strategies that each run with a different Sim account. I'd like to have a Super DOM for each chart/strategy. But the Account field is grayed out. The doc says "any connected account can be selected". I've got a live license, but Global Simulation is checked.

How do I enable the selection of different accounts in the Super DOM. I want each DOM to match the Sim account running the strategy on each chart.

Thanks.

Hello cashinvestor,

Can you please uncheck 'Global Simulation Mode' at Control Center-->File and you should be able to select the additional created simulation accounts. If enabled, the Sim101 account will be selected which cannot be changed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I unchecked the Global flag and saw they enabled. But that leaves my real account unprotected for now. I'll just have to live with that.

I'm having another issue. I have 3 workspaces. The first workspace has a chart with strategy running on Sim101. Workspace 2 has two charts running the same strategy (with different settings) on Sim103 and Sim 104. Workspace 3 has two charts running the same strategy on Sim107 and Sim108. I have enabled the strategies and saved the workspace.

Now when I switch workspaces the Sim101 chart is always enabled. When I switch to Workspace 2 and Workspace 3 the strategies are not enabled. The Enabled setting keeps getting turned off. How do I keep the Enabled setting enabled after I switch away from that workspace?

Comment

I am not able to reproduce this on my end when I test it. Upon switching workspaces, it does not disable any automated strategy that is enabled.

Can you please restart NinjaTrader and enable all automated strategies first. Subsequently switch workspaces and check if the strategies remain enabled.

Comment

I tried switching them all back to Sim101 but that didn't fix it. Also I went to the Strategies tab and clicked in all the Enabled checkboxes. But a disabled chart I was viewing did not get enabled. Even when I selected the Strategies command the settings did not say enabled.

I'll reboot and see if that changes things.

Comment

Sounds good, please let me know the outcome.

Switching workspaces should not disable automated strategies. If you close a workspace, it will terminate the automated strategy. However you will see a pop up message that informs this.

Comment

A few things are very weird. When I loaded just the first workspace with one chart and one strategy, two strategies were listed in the Strategies tab. I enabled the strategy through the chart and then removed the non-enabled one through the Strategies tab.

Then when I loaded my second workspace I noticed that the strategy templates were from the third workspace. As I was developing the charts and workspaces, I finished workspace 2 and then did a "Save As" to workspace 3. I think this messed up the mappings in the workspace xml file.

Does this sound right?

I'm going to nuke workspace 3, fix workspace 2 and create new charts for a new workspace 3. I think this will clear it up.

Comment

Yes, it seems workspace #2 was overwritten by workspace #3.

I suggest to open all workspaces. Remove any strategy that is still listed in the Control Center-->Strategies-tab.

Add new strategies in the charts of your workspaces. Once all are added, please navigate to the Control Center-->Strategies-tab and enable the strategies from there.

Switch workspaces and check if strategies remain enabled.

Comment

OK, everything is running correctly. I have workspace 1 running Sim101, workspace 2 running Sim103 and Sim104 and workspace 3 running Sim107 and Sim108, each chart with its corresponding DOM set to the same account number. Switching between workspaces does not disable any strategies.

Is it best practice to enable strategies through the Console Strategies tab rather than through the strategy settings panel? I often have rogue strategies left in the tab after I have closed all the workspaces.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I think it is quicker than having to open the Strategies menu of each chart. But you can do it either way.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                    0 responses