Collapse

Pivot Point calculation error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using NT 8 and I am finding that Pivot calculations are wrong. I saw these posts from 2016 and am wondering if this ever got rectified?

Regards
    Subash

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
    Hello crosscreek,

Thanks for your post.

It appears that the NT8 weekly pivots made from intraday data match NT7 precisely.

It appears that NT8 weekly pivots made from daily data do not match NT7, nor do they match NT8 intraday weekly pivots.

We will investigate and update this thread when we have further information.

Thanks for reporting this.

Comment

The difference here in post #12 onward is caused by the fact that NinjaTrader 7 records daily and larger data in RTH while in NinjaTrader 8 records in ETH. There is an expected discrepancy between the platforms because of how historical data is recorded differently.

If this is not what you believe is wrong about your NinjaTrader 8 pivots, please post in the NinjaTrader 8 forums with a detailed description of the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        The difference here in post #12 onward is caused by the fact that NinjaTrader 7 records daily and larger data in RTH while in NinjaTrader 8 records in ETH. There is an expected discrepancy between the platforms because of how historical data is recorded differently.
        I'm sorry, could you explain this in more detail?
        Could you be more specific on why the historical data is being recorded differently?

Comment

Daily data (which is what is used to build daily and larger time frames) coming from NinjaTrader 7's historical servers only records during RTH hours which differ slightly per instrument but in general are 8:30AM through 3:15PM US CT. This means that anything built from daily data will contain only data from within these hours each day.

In NinjaTrader 8, ETH hours are used to record daily data on NinjaTrader's historical servers which is effectively 23 hours a day (all data when the instrument is trading. This difference in data collection will make anything based on daily data in NinjaTrader 7 differ from NinjaTrader 8.

The answer to 'why' is that when NinjaTrader 7 was designed, we found that users preferred RTH daily data. When NinjaTrader 8 was designed, we found that user opinion had shifted to wanting ETH daily data.

Comment

How does what you say change when someone is connected?

Because if one is connected to their Data Provider isn't the downloaded historical
            Daily data always the OHLC daily values from ETH?

I followed the link, then clicked through the link to see the matrix of data vendors,
            I'm looking at the right column of data providers who offer Daily data -- and they
            all say Yes --- so, aren't all these providers providing their Daily data for the full
            globex session hours?

Does "globex session hours" mean same thing as "ETH"?

For NinjaTrader 7:
            Are you saying the downloaded historical Daily data from NinjaTrader is always
            different than the downloaded historical Daily data from a data provider?

For NinjaTrader 8:
            Are you saying the downloaded historical Daily data should be same regardless if
            downloaded from NinjaTrader or from a data provider?
            Last edited by bltdavid; 05-12-2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              Daily data (which is what is used to build daily and larger time frames) coming from NinjaTrader 7's historical servers only records during RTH hours which differ slightly per instrument but in general are 8:30AM through 3:15PM US CT. This means that anything built from daily data will contain only data from within these hours each day.
              Where was this documented?

Comment

RTH vs ETH historical daily data per provider is not documented publicly, however, feel free to contact us via email or on the forums to learn more about your data provider.

With that said, I agree that this information would be useful for our users. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses