No data in charts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No data in charts...

I have 2 EUR/USD charts up with tick and 5sec data, I setup a simple strategy that text messages my phone on the hour when a certain setup occurs and if it occurs for different pairs. Anyway, when I attempt to open up a new chart with 60 minute data for any other currency pair I get no data??? I am using the Gain feed right now for the strategies to text message me but it appears they are not getting any data for some reason so they are not working.....my tick and 5sec charts for EUR/USD are working fine but can't seem to get data for anything else..... Any idea's

I get the data in the control panel but nothing for charts....

Comment

Gain only provides a day's worth of data. Could this be an explanation to what you are experiencing? Which other pairs have you tried? Do they work by themselves without the EURUSD open?
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        Gain only provides a day's worth of data. Could this be an explanation to what you are experiencing? Which other pairs have you tried? Do they work by themselves without the EURUSD open?
        Thanks for the reply Josh however this is not the problem, I cannot pull any data back even for other pairs whether including any data for the last 24 hours.

Comment

Can you please remove your current Gain connection and recreate a new one using the instructions in the link below.

Please ensure you select "Use NinjaTrader servers" for Historical Data.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Can you please remove your current Gain connection and recreate a new one using the instructions in the link below.

Please ensure you select "Use NinjaTrader servers" for Historical Data.

Jason,

I had the connection setup for NT servers the whole time and tried changing it to GAIN servers for historical data last night, neither one worked well. I think this may be an intermittent problem as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Will multiple running strategies on different pairs affect the charting for any reason?

Comment

Hi Richard,

Can you please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Repair DB. Open up a new minute chart and check if it will display data.

Comment

Hi Richard,

Can you please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Repair DB. Open up a new minute chart and check if it will display data.

Ok just did it and went to restart NT so I can connect to MBT again. Another problem I have not related to the one mentioned in this thread is that when I shut down NT I usually have to wait a good bit of time ie. 10-30 mins + to get it to open back up. EVERY time when the splash screen says "Loading assemblies" NT pops up with an error and has to quit, I have reinstalled it numerous times, repaired it, logged off then back on etc. if I don't give it this time it usually won't start. After a period of time for some reason it just starts up when clicked on like nothing happened lol. I even removed all traces of .NET framework and reinstalled the most recent version and still have the problems, this occurs on both my home PC and laptop.

Comment

This is from the trace file after shutting it down and trying to reopen right now....

2008-06-11 08:53:00:803 System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
                  error CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\6xxtbjpv.dll' -- 'Could not execute CVTRES.EXE.'

Log file did not have anythin helpful in it...

Comment

Hi Richard,

Most likely, .NET is corrupted. Please uninstall/reinstall both .NET Framework and NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel.

Reinstall .NET at the link below.

You can download and install NinjaTrader at the following link.

Check if if the issues persist.

Comment

Hi Richard,

Most likely, .NET is corrupted. Please uninstall/reinstall both .NET Framework and NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel.

Reinstall .NET at the link below.

You can download and install NinjaTrader at the following link.

Check if if the issues persist.
                      I will try again, I reinstalled .Net but did not reinstall NT directly afterward. Will try and report back shortly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                      16 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post samish18