Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EFX/MB Live?

Greetings,

I'm trying to connect to an EFX/MB Trading "Live Demo" account so as to send trade signals from NT to the broker. I seem to be able to connect just fine but do not understand how to enable the trades to route to the demo acount properly.

I've established the connection using the Demo password info without a problem, but it seems the account being used is the "Sim101" account. I've disabled the "Always start in Simulation" tab in "Options" already. Any help appreciated.

Uncheck File->Global simulation mode

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I've done that however they still seem to not be routing to the demo account and continue to use the Sim101. Anything else I'm missing?

Comment

Then somewhere you are setting the Sim101 account when submitting orders.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you possibly explain how that can be? The orders are submitted with the standard commands that specify quantity and give the order a "name"...there is no specification as to which account they should route to, unless I'm not understanding something?

Comment

This is ATI no? Then you need to specify the account in your ATI command or NT will use your default account (Sim101?). See docs for ATI default account.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I did have to change to the correct account in the "Options" selection under the "ATI" tab...however orders from NT are still not routing properly (using the Sim101)...

I'm sorry I'm having this difficulty. Everything seems to be fine as far as the connection goes (correct account # now) and I believe all the proper options have been checked/unchecked as the case may be. What am I missing? Is there a "checklist" someplace?

Comment

Try specifying the account explicitly in your ATI command.

Comment

Sorry again but I don't understand that response. What is an "ATI command"? I set the account to use under the "ATI tab"...

Comment

See e.g. here for valid ATI methods (TS in this case) and aparmeters supported: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...Functions.html

Comment

Thanks, but I guess I wasn't specific before. I am NOT using TS, I'm using a NT strategy to generate trade signals. It is just that they are not routing to my broker for execution despite the fact that I seem to be properly connected and have the settings correct (as far as I'm aware)...

Comment

right, then you ran the strategy on Sim101 account

Comment

Yes, that's the problem. I'd like to route the orders to the broker demo account as if they are "live"...I do not want the trade entries/results to be applied to the Sim101...is there a "checklist" of things to do/turn on/turn off" for example? I obviously have something not set right because the orders do not route to the broker although I have a "live account".

Comment

Just select the broker account and not Sim101 as you start the strategy

Comment

"...as you start the strategy" -- where am I to do this? I normally start a strategy by clicking the Strategies button on a chart (the little yellow "Dollar sign" at the top), picking the desired strategy, then "OK". There is noplace to select which broker to use...in fact the only place my broker account (the desired one) appears is in the "Accounts" tab of the "Control Center", along with Sim101.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Perr0Grande