FXCM Demo / Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM Demo / Live

If i am having consistent connection issues (Data freeze) with FXCM Live should i expect the same issues with a Demo Account?

I was going to do a test run on a demo or is this a waste of time

I'm using NT7.

Hello radicaltrader,
    Thanks for your post.
    They do use different servers and it may be different, however I would recommend directly looking into the data freeze.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issue.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.

If you still see data freezes with the new workspace you could contact FXCM and they can look at what server you are connecting to, provide a file to test your connection, and switch you to a different server that is closer to you if needed/possible.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Brandon

I'm onto my second VPS,
      I have just uninstalled NT7 for the second time on this VPS and deleted the whole NT7 folder.
      started fresh NT7 install with a demo connection.

I have been only using one strategy the whole time with FXCM with no indicators on the charts

I only trade AUDUSD but on multi time frames.

If i have an issue with the strategy causing the connection problem, is there a good probability it will show up on DEMO as well even though its a diff server?

Its hard to test as it may take 2 hours to freeze the connection or a week.

Comment

Hello radicaltrader,
        Thanks for your reply.
        Yes, if the strategy is resulting in it, it could happen on the demo also.
        I would recommend testing with the SampleMAcrossover strategy.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i'm going to kick the unstable AUDMINI server and try a different base currency. crossing my fingers toes and wiggling my ears, wish me luck.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post r68cervera  
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post geddyisodin