CPU usage to go >90%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU usage to go >90%

1) Love the tool, thanks and please keep up the great work!

Sorry if this is a duh, question.

I am using several custom plug-ins to view chart data. These seem to be working but I am curious about whether the load order for these plug-ins can have an affect on CPU/application performance. I can't really tell and I am sure that there are things about what NT is doing that is proprietary.

NT seems to work OK without these plug-ins but is sadly lacking in the trading plan that I am using. <-- Not your problem, I know. The built in plug-ins seem to work OK as well.

If I reset the DB, things will work fine for a few trades but then on a trade exit, the CPU will again slam to >90%. The CPU does not hard slam to 100% as I am still able to to other things outside of NT. I have waited for a maximum of 30 minutes for the application to return to normal but it has yet to show any signs of returning to normal. This is why I believe that the problem is a race condition.

If this is the wrong place for this question, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!

Absolutely, these custom plug in can impact performance. This is outside of NT's control since the developers can do anything they wish in their custom tools. The only way to know if its an NT issue or a 3rd party is to remove the plug in and see the performance is different.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post love2code2trade  
    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes