Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hollow up candles

Hello,
    I'm a TOS user looking to upgrade to Ninja but my eyes have been trained to work with 2 things I can't find on Ninja...Help?

1. Hollow up candles only if the candle close is greater than the candle open. If it's an up candle but the close is less than the candle open then it would fill.

2. I use the TTM Trend indicator from John Carter as a contrary indicator, anything comparable on Ninja?

Many Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Unfortunately this type of display is not available by default and would need to be custom coded.

NinjaTrader is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.
    Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, NinjaTrader Ecosystem is partnered with a number of consultants who could code this indicator at your direction. If you would like more information regarding consultants please let me know.

2.) The vendor offers a NinjaTrader compatible version of the TTM Trend indicator.

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sbtyme View Post
      Hello,
      I'm a TOS user looking to upgrade to Ninja but my eyes have been trained to work with 2 things I can't find on Ninja...Help?

1. Hollow up candles only if the candle close is greater than the candle open. If it's an up candle but the close is less than the candle open then it would fill.

2. I use the TTM Trend indicator from John Carter as a contrary indicator, anything comparable on Ninja?

Many Thanks in advance.
      sbtyme - It appears that you want the candle plot to have clear candles on up bars and filled candles on down bars. This is available with the standard Candlestick Chart Style, just change "Color for up bars" to be Transparent. See attached screen capture, as an example with the following settings:

Chart style - Candlestick
      Candle outline
      Color - Black
      Color for down bars - Black
      Color for up bars - Transparent
      Wick
      Color - Black
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post