• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is this possible in NinjaTrader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this possible in NinjaTrader?

Hi,
    I'm considering switching to NinjaTrader for my trading. I'm a day trader, trading U.S. stocks. My broker is InteractiveBrokers. I have a few questions about your platform, wether it supports these features:

1. Is it possible to use Chart Trader when trading stocks? All the videos I've seen so far are for futures / forex.

2. Is it possible to enter a position using Chart Trader where it automatically calculates the size of the position based on a preset risk value? In other words, it would look at your stop loss and your entry and calculate the share size based on that.

3. Is it possible to enter a position using Chart Trader where it would atomically add a take profit point that is 2x, 3x or whatever x your risk that you specify before hand?

3. Any videos of where I can see either or both of the above features being used trading stocks with interactive brokers?

Thanks

Hello jhess2991,

Thank you for your post and interest in NinjaTrader!

Chart Trader does function with stocks in addition to futures, you are able to download and test NinjaTrader if you would like to. A live license is only needed when you're ready to trade live, but you can use it as much as you would like until then. See the below link for more information.

http://ninjatrader.com/Simulate

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

The feature you mention with the risk value is not possible with NinjaTrader right out-of-the-box, though it would be possible via an automated strategy and custom programming.

If you're a programmer yourself, our NinjaScript team can advise tips on how to create a strategy or tool like this. If you're not, our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team can forward you information on some of our third-party scripting consultants that can develop these items for you.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 02-18-2016, 11:35 AM.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by martyn73, Today, 05:27 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by MichaelAlexander, 02-22-2017, 05:06 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes