Opentick backfill gaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opentick backfill gaps

It doesn't appear that NT is downloading all the chart data when you disconnect and reconnect after some time to Opentick. I have observed in these situations that the chart either has large gaps in the price data, or paints very long bars from the time you disconnect to the time you reconnect. What could be the issue here?

Try Tools->Historical data->Reload. If data still not there, then contact OT support for clarification.

Comment

I have played with reloading the data. It does not seem plausible that this is an Opentick issue. I assume on login and/or reload, NT asks Opentick for the range of data that it requires to fill in the data that NT has stored. I think NT is miscalculating the range of data it needs, and it paints the bars with missing data as a huge long bar for tick charts, or as a huge gap for minute based charts. Look at the attached file. They are both the SPY during the same time period, viewed as tick chart, and minute chart. All I did was logout of Opentick for a few minutes, and then logged back in. Does this data look normal to you?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Try Tools->Historical data->Reload. If data still not there, then contact OT support for clarification.
      Attached Files

Comment

NT only requests complete days, not parts of a day or such -> OT issue. Please contact OT support.

Comment

It is now 6:00pm, and I just tried to reload the data again, the chart just flashes, for a split second and returns right away, and the latest data on the chart is 10:00am. If your software is requesting up to date data from OT and it does not get it, why does it not say there is a problem? It is left up to me, the customer, to speculate on what's happening with the software?

I know it is very easy for you to say, this is what the code is supposed to do, but that does not prove that is actually what the code is doing. When there is a gray area in question, the standard support answer is "it is the other guy's issue". I worked for Oracle ans SAP support for many years, so I know. Is it not possible to have your developer look at the code and determine if there could be a situation where this can happen? Is there a way to clear all the data stored for a symbol and reload the chart from scratch?

Comment

>> When there is a gray area in question
            There is no gray area. Did you contact OT support to clarify on the gaps? What did they say?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Pattontje  
            Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
            17 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post TradingLoss