Failed to execute DB job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to execute DB job

Running eSignal in Tick Replay mode with ATI to NT.

Received error message "Failed to execute DB job 'OrderUpdateJob'. Object Space. Entity Object was not Updated. NinjaTrader Cbi Order"

Read the other ATI forum posts. Closed NT. Restarted without connecting. Did Repair DB. Connected to External Data Feed. Reset 4 Sim accounts.

Hit Reset thenJump (1_min) in eSignal Tick Replay a couple of times. Tick Replay is set at 2x Speed. Got the same errormessage again.

Questions: What causes this and does it affect order execution?

Thanks

EDIT: Just happened again. Tick Replay on Pause. Reset Sim101. Reset Sim102 then the error message.

imported post

Hi,

Can you do the following:

Go to the Windows control panel under add/remove programs and click Change--> Repair. Then restart NinjaTrader.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Yes I can ...and did...and never will again.

Change--> Repair led to an install attempt and an error message that the feature I was requesting was on a resource that is not available...to click OK to try again...then to try to find NinjaTrader.Install.msi myself....

Since I followed your install guide and used Open instead of Save when I did the previous install, I did not have a local copy of the .msi file and now could not access your server for the file (it is Good Friday...are you down for maintenance?....and did not tell anyone?)

This led me to your install page where you CAN NOT bypass the registration form by inputting a valid key code (never have been able to in 15 tries). The form took 10 mins to get to the Download Step 2 page....the first time I tried to Save the .msi file to disk so I would have it for next time.....the Save download hung up and I had to reboot my computer....the second time the registartion form took another 10 mins to get to page 2....this time I tried Open and it hung up again.....there are some files under Program Files/NinjaTrader5 (I had removed the previous install) but no icon on the desktop to start NT and it does not show it installed under Control/AddRemovePrograms...so now I am going through your reg form and install again...

Suggestions? I was going to spend the long weekend running simulations and instead I am wasting all my time trying to re-install NT.

Comment

imported post

Hi,

Please send an email to [email protected] and refer to this topic. Then I will send you instructions on what to do and also send you a link that will bring you to the download page without gilling in the form.

Vince

Comment

imported post

Vince

Email sent.

Between posts I found a file 'NinjaTrader.Install.Previous.msi' which I tried...computer now hung up again with NT logo in middle of screen and "Verifying license at primary server..." message

Comment

imported post

got your email...before I delete the NinjaTrader5 folder, how do I save the 16 custom templates I created?....for that matter, where are they kept so I can share them with a friend so he does not have to spend time re-creating them?

Comment

imported post

Scott,

Just replied to that question to your regular email address

Vince

Comment

imported post

Working fine now. Thanks.

Is there any reason why I should not completelyignore the DB job error messages in the future? i.e. they do not seem to affect the placing of orders.

EDIT: It would appear that one of the error messages is coming from me changing a strategy template then closing NT with an active trade in one of the sim accts. When you re-start NT, it tries to update the DB (template file)and can not because the open orders are using an old template. Solution is to reset all sim accts prior to closing NT if and changes were made to templates

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Irukandji  
                Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post fitspressoburnfat