Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex.com historical data issue

Hi,

I'm planning to open Forex.com live account to trade with Ninja trader as my main platform.

Before i do that i have 1 question.

At the moment forex.com/gain capital only provide live data and 1 day historical data only, am i right?

If i would to register live account with forex.com, will forex.com's server provide live and historical data (at least 5 years or around there) and save the data at my pc?

Thanks in advance.

No, forex.com only provides 1 day. NinjaTrader server (see option on creating the account connection) provides a few months but not 5 years. You would need to contact a vendor for historical data to get 5 years of data and import it (Tools->Historical data->Import). Don't have any such vendor at hand though.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Even if i have a live account with Forex.com, they only provide 1 day historical data?

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      No, forex.com only provides 1 day. NinjaTrader server (see option on creating the account connection) provides a few months but not 5 years. You would need to contact a vendor for historical data to get 5 years of data and import it (Tools->Historical data->Import). Don't have any such vendor at hand though.

Comment

Hi,

You are correct in understanding.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Thats the case forex.com is not for me.

Do you know any other broker that comes with free live and historical data about 1 year or less and of course more than 1 month (tick charts & minute charts) for forex that uses Ninja Trader as their platform for free if i have a live account with them?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
          Hi,

You are correct in understanding.

Comment

Unfortunatley not, GAIN is the only one.

However, GAIN provides one day, but NinjaTrader provides several years when connected to GAIN. In the account set up procedure, you can select "Use NinjaTrader" servers for historical data instead of GAIN.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've tried using Ninja Trader's server, the data is not the same when i reload the chart, example, when im connected to gain, i can see the live price is moving, let say at 6.12pm, high was 1.2345 (gain's data), but when i close and open back the chart the next day, the high changes to 1.234X, its not really good for me. Is there any other to over come this problem?

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              Unfortunatley not, GAIN is the only one.

However, GAIN provides one day, but NinjaTrader provides several years when connected to GAIN. In the account set up procedure, you can select "Use NinjaTrader" servers for historical data instead of GAIN.

Comment

Unfortunately not.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've been trading live with GAIN for a while now, and I must say the historical data is garbage. 30 days is a joke. Then when I use eSignal Forex Charts there a so many gaps in the data, its almost useless.

As much I love NinjaTrader, when it comes to Forex and specifically historical data, MetaTrader has a VAST advantage. I can download the demo and have great access to YEARS of quality data...

Comment

Yeah i think i agree with you in this case, Metatrader is good when comes to data, but not as good as Ninja Trader when comes to other than that

But i love to use Ninja Trader as much as you, but when comes to data, the problem starts here if you are looking for free good data.

How did Metatrader could provide good data while Ninja Trader couldn't? Well that would make Ninja Trader a Perfect Platform then.

Any how there would be always pros and cons. You can never find a perfect platforms.

What i can say is Ninja Trader is Fantastic! but comes to data feed, they are just 1 step behind.

Hope Ninja Trader look into this problem as a real problem because Forex trading is becoming more and more famous nowadays.

Thanks

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                    I've been trading live with GAIN for a while now, and I must say the historical data is garbage. 30 days is a joke. Then when I use eSignal Forex Charts there a so many gaps in the data, its almost useless.

As much I love NinjaTrader, when it comes to Forex and specifically historical data, MetaTrader has a VAST advantage. I can download the demo and have great access to YEARS of quality data...
                    Last edited by Greenmoney21; 06-13-2008, 12:36 AM.

Comment

>> 30 days is a joke.
                      Not sure I follow. Please check "NinjaTrader" server on your account connection and you'll get data from NinjaTrader servers which goes way back than 30 days.

Comment

Hi Dierk,

Yeap your rite about that, NT Server has more than 30 days data, even for ticks charts, just tried.

Can i ask you another wquestions, does your ticks chart data and minutes chart comes from the same data server?

Why does the NT show a huge gap on this hour while there is no gap actually (refer to the attachment)?

Thanks

>> 30 days is a joke.
                        Not sure I follow. Please check "NinjaTrader" server on your account connection and you'll get data from NinjaTrader servers which goes way back than 30 days.
                        Attached Files

Comment

>> does your ticks chart data and minutes chart comes from the same data server?
                          Yes

>> Why does the NT show a huge gap on this hour while there is no gap actually (refer to the attachment)?
                          Sorry, would not know. Data is provided "as is", there is no filtering or such. Try Tools->Historical data->Reload and make sure you reset your session begin/end settings to default on chart.

Comment

>> 30 days is a joke.

Good to know, I was under the impression there was only ~45 days of data on the NT server. That seemed to be the case a few months ago, but I could be mistaken.

I was a bit frustrated because GAIN, has little historical data, and although eSignal has years, its full of huge gaps and looking at day bars, a single bad tick (of which there are many) can throw off indicator plots for months. This makes accurate backtesting impossible...

A quick question about the NT server, is it accumulating historical data or only keep a set amount i.e. 60-90 days?

Comment

From time to time we clear out old tick data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes