Stop Limit Order Entry on Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Limit Order Entry on Chart

When I place a Stop Limit order on a chart, it ALWAYS presents the little box where you select the number of contracts instead of just placing the order.

Stop orders, Limit orders, may have this box the "first time", but then the setting is remembered.

Is this the intended operation? Am I missing something? I am running an ATM strategy, is that a consideration?

The box does not represents the number of contracts you like to trade, but the offset used for the stop limit order. More information can be found in the link below.

In addition, you can pre-define this value in the ChartTrader properties menu, which you can access by a right click in ChartTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh my mistake, thank you...

There is so much to read here...

Comment

Hi, is it possible to allow for a value of 0 offset or even negative? So the limit is below the stop?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        The box does not represents the number of contracts you like to trade, but the offset used for the stop limit order. More information can be found in the link below.

In addition, you can pre-define this value in the ChartTrader properties menu, which you can access by a right click in ChartTrader.

Comment

Yes, this is possible as well.

Comment

When I try that using the Chart Trader Properties, for example putting a value of -5 no order gets generated. Same thing when leaving the Stop Limit Offset blank and entering a negative value in the prompt after right-clicking a chart to create a Stop Limit order @ 1234 order. Am I missing something?

Yes, this is possible as well.

Comment

Most likely, you are using the NinjaTrader Direct version. You can check this under Help-->About.

I can provide you the free license, which will allow you to use this functionality. Send a note to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and put "Attn Jason" in the subject header and reference this thread.

However, this license will only allow you to trade in simulation.

Comment

I don't see "Direct" anywhere. I'm enabled for live trading thru IB.

Most likely, you are using the NinjaTrader Direct version. You can check this under Help-->About.

I can provide you the free license, which will allow you to use this functionality. Send a note to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and put "Attn Jason" in the subject header and reference this thread.

However, this license will only allow you to trade in simulation.

Comment

Can you please test this using a SuperDOM and check if this makes a difference.

Please send a note to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and put "Attn Jason" in the subject header and include your license key.

In addition, please tell me what version you have installed as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NRITV
                  by NRITV

Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM