Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with IQFeed/Kinetick loading tick-based data for stocks

Guys,

I have a connection with IQFeed, and have previously seen this problem with Kinetick connections for stocks. When I try to load a stock symbol (any symbol), I get a message like this:

Error on loading chart data for '<symbol> Default': E,Invalid symbol

Any ideas on why this is happening? Sometimes the tick-based data loads fine, other days it doesn't.

EDIT: This is only for tick-based charts, like second-bars. Minute-based charts are always OK.

Hello Trader_55,

With IQFeed, when requesting tick data between the hours of 9:30am ET to 4:30pm ET you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data. If you request the data outside those hours the full 180 days is available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache, and you will be able to access this data at any time.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
      Hello Trader_55,

With IQFeed, when requesting tick data between the hours of 9:30am ET to 4:30pm ET you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data. If you request the data outside those hours the full 180 days is available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache, and you will be able to access this data at any time.
      OK, so how come when I request the data right now I get nothing at all? Not even one single bar, the chart is blank.

Comment

Hello Trader_55,

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

How many days of historical data are you requesting?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
          Hello Trader_55,

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

How many days of historical data are you requesting?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
          It is absolutely any stock: GILD, AAPL, DIS, take your pick. Interval is right now, for the last few hundred bars. Time frame is anything tick-based: 10 seconds, 30 seconds, whatever. The error message in the log is the same as what I said was in the popup:

29/02/2016 10:37:47 AM Default Error on loading chart data for 'FB Default': E,Invalid symbol.,

Comment

Hello Trader_55,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: ATTN: Chris S http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=83382

Comment

Sent from my personal address to [email protected], referencing you in the title. Zipped up trace and log files. I also restarted the platform and it's still happening. While you're at it, you could open a copy of NT yourself, connect to Kinetick, and see if it happens on your side as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bmartz
              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes