Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to go beyond the 10000 GDI objects limit with NT7 or NT8

Hello,

My current workspaces have too much GDI objects and make Ninjatrader crash when changing workspaces. I've read on google about changing the maximum in the registry to over 10000 handles with the GDIProcessHandleQuota(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\GDIProcessHandleQuota)
    but it seems like a maximum I can't unlock. Does someone else achieved a way to go over this number?

I've tried to add desktop heap too but doesnt work neither (reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Session Manager\SubSystems" /v windows).

Hello baoumbox,

Graphics are rendered much differently from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8. With either, it would be outside of the realm of support to assist in modifying your windows environment to increase the workload.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

Instead my suggestion would be to remove all unnecessary rendered objects from your workspace.

With NinjaTrader 7 drawing is done with GDI+ and all rendering is done on the CPU on a single thread.

With NinjaTrader 8 drawing is done with DirectX and all rendering is done on the GPU utilizing several threads for different scripts.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The 10000 objects make NT7 crash just when I'm changing workspaces. I've got more like 3000 on my workspaces. I wanted to unlock the limit just for NT to be stable for a second when it comes accross this limit.

I've read that some people achieved to unlock it in previous windows but there's no information about windows 10 and their way of making it work isnt working.

Comment

Hello baoumbox,

While changing your windows environment is outside of the realm of support, if you would like assistance reducing your workspace I am happy to assist.

Please let me know if you would like assistance reducing your workspace.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist with modifying your windows environment.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by baoumbox View Post
          The 10000 objects make NT7 crash just when I'm changing workspaces. I've got more like 3000 on my workspaces. I wanted to unlock the limit just for NT to be stable for a second when it comes accross this limit.

I've read that some people achieved to unlock it in previous windows but there's no information about windows 10 and their way of making it work isnt working.
          If you post some sample code, I'd like to check it out. Don't post what your working on, but something that creates these 3000 objects that causes the crash.

Comment

Please see the following thread, it hopefully helps you solve your issue (it is not about number of GDI Objects, it is about number of User Objects):

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB