• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WorkSpace Dissappeared

Dear Support,

I am a bit confused.
    Never it happened.
    I had multiple charts opened, always save to work-space, somehow my Laptop was getting slow, so i just switched off by pressing the main button, and when switched On, accessing the NinjaTrader. I do not see WorkSpace.

Please help me, what to do? And why such happened?
    I did various workings on the charts, and its troublesome and painful when Charts and Workspace is missing.

Your kind assistance quickly is highly appreciated.

Hello AvisO,

Thank you for writing in and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Unfortunately, if you have not saved your workspace before forcefully shutting off your computer, any unsaved changes will be lost.

However, it looks like you have stated you have saved the workspace before. Are you able to find it under the File -> Workspaces - Open Workspaces menu in the Control Center?
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Well its pretty strange also i do not see the WorkSpace name in there now too.
      Strange where it did go. Never happened in past 2-3 weeks.
      I had around 15-18 charts in that workspace. And now i do not see the WorkSpace name even.

Why such thing happened ? What can be done ?

Comment

Hello,

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 7 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to File> Workspaces> Open

If this does not resolve this, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently.

Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive.

From within the Control Center window select the File menu. Then select the menu Utilities and the Restore... menu item
        Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
        Press the "Open" button
        I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.

If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows

To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 7
        Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
        See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
        If not, you will need to recreate your workspace
        To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by going to File> Exit or selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to it's exception list.

You will need to exclude the following directories.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7

(My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7

Additionally if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes