• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Problem

Today on booting up NinjaTrader my charts took and excessively long time to load.
    After market I attempted to download the days data L1 and L2 only to find that after 1.5 hours it had not finished downloading. This usually takes less than 2 minutes per symbol.
    Support claimed I must have a bad internet connection because I had one disconnect today on booting up. I didn't buy that. I rebooted everything , tested my internet download speed ran ping tests etc. Everything is running great. I have another computer running a different copy of NT7. I fired that up and it had the same issue. However I then fired up NT8 on that computer and downloaded the same days data in under 2 minutes. So NT8 connects fine and NT7 does not. I read somewhere on the forum that people were having problems with data after upgrading to the newest version. As you know we were forced to upgrade. And now I can't download Replay data for NT7.

Someone needs to figure out what is wrong with the servers or this New version because I Cannot operate without DATA.

Thanks
    Jerry

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your post.

So that I can look in to this please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

This diagnostic file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the file named 'trace.20160307.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle
      I did Several Things
      1) I looked at the Trace file - Your Server keeps sending back a "no data" message yet the Download is still going on. Its Over 2 hours.
      2) On another computer that experiences the same problem with slow loading CL 4-16 charts and no Download of Replay data. I decided to try a different Symbol.
      I downloaded "6E 03-16" L1 and L2 in just over a minute
      I downloaded "TF 03-16" L1 and L2 in just over a minute.

These symbols have no problem but for some reason your server has a problem with Chart history and Replay data for CL. Maybe my internet connection doesn't Like Oil. - LOL that's a joke don't get upset.

I think we out to try a different server because NT8 downloaded the oil data fine.

Jerry

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have just responded to your email to setup a call with you tomorrow. Please follow up with me by email to let me know when you will be available.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI Similar issue here can not download CL replay data YM and 6E appear to be ok.
          I assume (a mistake?) that CL data is available. I also am able to load CL replay data into NT8. Please advise how to proceed.

Thank You
          Last edited by Hank_R; 03-15-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Hank_R
            I just did my daily download of CL Data for yesterday and today with no problem.
            What server are you on ? I am on HDS3. Check your log file at start up for the day and it will tell you. Just something to eliminate.

Jerry
            Last edited by JerryWar; 03-15-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Jerry

I'm on (HDS3.NinjaTrader.com/) currently and it's not working for me. I was on HDS10 earlier and that didn't work either. Does that port have any bearing on it?

Thanks

Hank

Comment

Hank_R
                If I were you, I would create a support ticket. I have no clue why mine all of a sudden started working.
                Reboot everything, Modem, Router, Computer etc.
                Also look in trace file. When this happened to me, The download just sat there like it was trying to download. I checked the trace file and there were all these "no data" transmissions coming back from the server.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks! Jerry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GMiller64, Today, 01:13 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GMiller64  
                  Started by itrader46, Today, 12:51 PM