How to add to a position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add to a position

Is there a way to make Ninjatrader add to a open position? For example: I enter 1 contract long in the ES at 1980, by a market order(I will always use market orders to enter). Then I want to use the ATM to buy one more contract at 1980.75. Is this possible?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, this is possible - if you'll submit your scale in order with the Active ATM Strategy selected in the ATM strategy drop down menu Stop Loss and Profit Target orders will be updated to reflect the change in position size automatically.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How to add to a position

Let me explain in detail what I want to achieve. First I will enter 1 contract long. For this position I have a stop-loss of 4 points and a profit target 6 points above the entry price, this I have no problem of achieving with the ATM function. But what I don't manage to do. Is to put in a another entry order 3 points above the my first entry price, I want the ATM to this for me automatically, so I don't have to use a market order to buy the last contract. I know that when I buy one more contract, the stop-loss and profit target will go from selling one contract to two. Can you please explain to me in detail how to do this? If so, I would be very happy!

Comment

ATM issue

How do you delete ATM strategies?

Comment

Laredo787 please stop hijacking my thread!

Comment

Originally posted by tradingup View Post
            Let me explain in detail what I want to achieve. First I will enter 1 contract long. For this position I have a stop-loss of 4 points and a profit target 6 points above the entry price, this I have no problem of achieving with the ATM function. But what I don't manage to do. Is to put in a another entry order 3 points above the my first entry price, I want the ATM to this for me automatically, so I don't have to use a market order to buy the last contract. I know that when I buy one more contract, the stop-loss and profit target will go from selling one contract to two. Can you please explain to me in detail how to do this? If so, I would be very happy!
            Hello tradingup,

This is actually the default behavior for ATM strategies. If, on the other hand, you would like to prevent ATM strategies from scaling in to current positions, you would need to change the ATMStrategySelectionMode property to DisplaySelectedATMStrategyOnly.

Originally posted by laredo
            How do you delete ATM strategies?
            Hello laredo,

First, to answer your question, in a SuperDOM or ChartTrader's ATM strategy section, you will

Right click -> Manage ATM Strategy Templates -> Select the template you would like to delete -> Click "Remove" -> Click "Close"

That said, please review the Help Guide and research the forums when you need help, and use your own threads so that other forums users who have similar questions can better benefit from your answer. We are happy to provide individual help as well at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATM misc

Thank you.

Ive spend several minutes clicking around on what I believe to be the ATM strategy area and so far nothing appears on any drop down menu under "Manage ATM strategy templates" is this to the right of the "ATM Strategy" on the chart trader someplace.I feel like i could spend all day fishing and might locate it.

Comment

Hello Laredo,

If you can start a new thread on this issue, or contact us at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com, I will be happy to provide a video where I demonstrate deleting an existing ATM strategy.
                Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will try again

Sorry about his, but that is not what I wanted to know. What i want to know is:

My question is: When I have entered the 1 contract long at 1982,75 at the market. I want the ATM to automatically put in a buy stop order 2 points above my entry price at 1982,75. A sell order 6 points above the entry price and a stop loss 4 points below my entry price. I know how to put in the sell order 6 points above my entry. And the stop loss 4 points below. But what I am struggling with is to get the ATM to automatically put in the buy stop order 2 points above my initial entry at 1982,75. I have attached a picture of my DOM to clarify. I want the ATM to put in a buy stop at the price in the red circle.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tradingup; 03-08-2016, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Hello?

Do you have a solution?

Comment

Hello tradingup,

It appears you are not using an custom addon to submit your orders.

For additional assistance, please contact the vendor of the 3 party, custom order entry window you are using.

We are unable to support 3rd party script.
                      Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                      20 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Bidder
                      by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
                      3 responses