Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM Forex Volume

Hi there,

I understand the forex volume is a little tricky with no central exchange etc. Still it seems that FXCM is meant to provide their volume information to NT (other posts talk about the forex volume across the 12 banks in their network etc.), which I would like to analyse.

I am just looking into analyzing up/down ticks and associated volumes and according to my research each tick from FXCM simply comes in with a volume of 100k which makes it look like real volume but is actually just a tick-count.

Could you please confirm whether that is the case? It essentially renders any volume analysis with FXCM useless.

Image attached shows
    Panel 1: the up/down tick count (i.e. UpTicks + DnTicks = total ticks per bar)
    Panel 2: the up/down tick volume (i.e. UpVol + DnVol = total volume for bar, note identical image to Panel 1, different scale)
    Panel 3: the NT volume up down indicator

Regards
    Frank

PS: My indicators are off by 1 tick/100k consistently across all bars but that's not the problem here...
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Currently there is not a way to determine the actual number of lots traded therefore each tick received will have a volume value of 100K within NinjaTrader.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Javierw.ok  
    Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes