Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sample strategy not generating any trades

hello everyone,

i am not being able to make strategies work. i must be making some very basic mistake but haven't figured out what could it be.

i am trying to test the sample ma crossovers strategy that comes with nt, but over 650 days it makes 0 trades. i first tried it out on a 5 minute bar chart of the es mini contract loading 650 days into the chart and the performance report indicates 0 trades. then i switched to a daily chart of the same contract with 650 days back and still no trades.

maybe some option must be activated or i'm making some other basic mistake that results in strategies making no trades. i will appreciate any guidance to make strategies work.
    Last edited by rtwave; 03-08-2016, 02:07 AM.

Hello rtwave,

Thanks for your post.

When applying the strategy are you "enabling" it? All strategies have to manually enabled as a way of ensuring that the user is the one allowing the strategy to execute trades.

To enable the strategy, after you have selected the strategy, in the general section is the row "Enabled" which by default is false. Left mouse click on False to get a drop down arrow that you can then left mouse click on to select "True". Once you have all of your parameters set, then click OK. You will get a pop-up messages that the strategy will place trades automatically.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes